EFT for Weight Loss: volunteers needed

Discussion in 'EFT, Emotional Freedom Technique' started by Deborah, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Deborah

Deborah New Member

Hi friends,

I am looking to hone my EFT skills around body image/weight issues and help others address the same issues.

I have a protocol by Carol Look I am going to follow. I am looking for four women who want to work on the underlying issues around their weight issues.

We would do group tapping calls as well as some homework tapping. There will be some written exercises before each call. I envision the group calls to be at night, at 9 pm EST, once a week, day to be determined. We'll probably go for 4 weeks and then reevaluate.

There would be no charge for this (except for phone charges to a single numberl) and we would post our process and results here. The only requirement is the willingness to try it and some desire for change. Also, please read the disclaimer thread in this forum.

A key point is that any compulsive or addictive behavior is driven by underlying anxiety or other negative emotions. You can't control weight by eating or diet or exercise unless the underlying emotions aren't addressed.

This groupwork has the potential to be profound -- both for us and also as we share with others.

Let me know!
    - Deborah
    P.S. This is leading edge for me as I am currently working with my own coach on resolving my own body image issues. So I offer to do this from a place of pure compassion and a desire to ease the pain we all hold as we beat ourselves up about our weight.
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2007
  2. IndiMom

IndiMom .

I would love to participate.
  3. Kbsmama

Kbsmama Active Member

Count me in!
  4. Linda

Linda Amity's Focus Member

I was just thinking about this. I do not really have weight to loose though. But I have that really strange issue of the water weight(like 5 pounds!!!) that comes on at different times of the month and makes it IMPOSSIBLE to fit into lots of my pants. Then other times of the month my 'small' pants are totally roomy and fine on me.

I have been realizing that this has been a lifelong thing with the water weight....

I know I have body issues related to my mom...lol! I tapped on them at the Level 2 workshop...lol!
    SO, I would love to do it as well. But, my issues i more the water weight than anything. I am sure it is linked to body issues, sexuality etc.

Oh and there is the whole living in a challenging time zone issue...:kittypink
    But I am most definitely willing to get up in the early morning to do something like this.

In any case...lmk what you think. I can tap if you reject me...:hahaha: :smooch:
  5. LatteLover

LatteLover Amity's Focus Member

I would love to do this!
  6. CiaraLinn

CiaraLinn ~Finding my way~

somewhere deep in the heart of a smalltown...
    ME pretty pretty please :D
  7. Deborah

Deborah New Member

This is great. I'm excited --- thanks everyone ....
    Let's see who else we get in the next few days and then I'll post some stuff to get us started. Linda -- can you do the 9 pm est time zone? What is that for you?
    - Deb.
  8. Deborah

Deborah New Member

I've been thinking about this -- if you can swing the time change, there would be no harm in joining in. There is a chance that the direction we take won't be as helpful to you as to others, but you can tailor it as you see fit .... let's see how many folks are interested. I can work with as many as 10 folks on a phone call although I'd like to keep it smaller. If the group is larger, not every one will have a chance to tap "live" -- but that might be okay for folks.

Let's see what unfolds ... as of right now, I'll count you in! (and everyone else so far who's replied!)
  9. Robin

Robin Jesus Follower

I am interested if it is on a night when I am available.
  10. icyt

icyt Guest

I would definitely be up for this. I am brand new to EFt but very interested and have a lot of weight to lose.
  11. Deborah

Deborah New Member

what nights are you available? does it change each week?
  12. Deborah

Deborah New Member

it's easy to learn so that's not a problem being new to EFT -- I'll guide you as we go .... and having lots of weight to release makes it easier to know if we are making progress! I"ll be in touch soon ...
  13. CiaraLinn

CiaraLinn ~Finding my way~

somewhere deep in the heart of a smalltown...
    Can I jsut say how stinking excited I am about this?? :D
  14. Deborah

Deborah New Member

Sunday for our First Call

You sure can! Thanks for the enthusiasm ... it will keep me focused and motivated as well ....
  15. Deborah

Deborah New Member

Our First Call and assignment.

Okay, I have eight folks interested. If you eight could email me with your real first name and email address and screen name that would be great.
    (deborah@energeticmothers.com)

Our first call will be Sunday at 9 EST. I'll email you with the phone number once I get your email addresses.

We will be covering a version of Carol Look's protocol as outlined on emofree.com. It's broken into four parts: the present, the past, the future, and extras.

The PRESENT:

I'll present some tapping ideas here so others can also follow along.

For now, I want you to identify how you feel about your weight issue and tap on that. (if you need to see the points, go to: EFT Tapping Points)

Some ideas are below. Choose an ending sentence that works for you. If none works, let me know.

This is what we will tap on in our first call so there is no need to work on it before hand if you don't want to. Be gentle with yourself. This is already core stuff.

"Even though I hate myself for overeating, I am open to the idea of loving and accepting myself."

"Even though I feel guilty when I overeat, I love and accept myself"

"Even though I feel guilty about being overweight, I accept myself and my feelings."

"Even though I hate being fat, I accept my feelings of hate."

"Even though I want to eat and you can't stop me, I open to the idea of having other choices when I'm ready".

"Even though I've struggled with my weight for years and I'm so embarrassed, I forgive myself for what I have not and have done."
  16. mamajandtheboys

mamajandtheboys Amity's Focus Member

deborah, if it's not too late can i join in as well?
  17. Deborah

Deborah New Member

absolutely ....
  18. Kbsmama

Kbsmama Active Member

I started tapping on this last night. I actually think I fell asleep while I was tapping because I woke up and couldn't remember where I stopped. :smirk:

Silly me. I knew my sister was teased over her weight (by my family) and had issues from childhood about weight, but for some reason, I didn't think I was affected by that. I was always the skinny one.

I am still the same weight I was when DD was born 5 months ago, and I gained a good 50lbs. during pregnancy.

Maybe you don't want us to post on this here...Just a heads up, I've got plenty of issues to work with here.:lol:
  19. Deborah

Deborah New Member

Hey Jody,

It's fine to post here (Jo is going to create a private subforum where folks might be more comfortable sharing). I believe this forum is viewable and searchable and some folks want more anonymity. I will read posts here as we work together and also read email and of course we'll have our calls together.

But please feel free to post insights as they occur ...

Hugs,
    Deb.
  20. starkisses

starkisses Amity's Focus Member

Is it too late to join in the group? I have at least 90lbs to lose and have issues lol

I am going out of town This weekend and wont feel comfortable calling from where we will be staying but maybe if theres room for me, I could get a recap and join in the next one and work on whatever it is that was talked about in the Sunday session?

I could take the number with me and if I feel I can break away and make the call I will.

Thanks for considering :)
    Jody