EFT Chat Withdrawal

Discussion in 'EFT, Emotional Freedom Technique' started by Natalia, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Natalia

Natalia New Member

I miss the chat here.

What are you tapping on? What insights or breakthroughs have you had? Are you stuck?
  2. Rhea

Rhea Tickled by the view

I'm chopping down trees

Hi Natalia :)

I did some EFT reading yesterday, mainly on emofree but also out of the manual, and some links that had been posted here. Some things that really hit home:

We might think positively for 15 minutes, but if we have doubts and fears, etc, then that's another 15 hours and 45 minutes of the day where our feelings (and possibly thoughts too) are contradicting those positive thoughts.

This paragraph was powerful for me yesterday, again today:

Address the fear, sadness, guilt, shame, or anger HEAD ON. Do not mix words with your subconscious because you don't want to 'think negatively.' Your subconscious mind is thinking these negative thoughts and in order to eradicate them, you must be willing to go there directly.

That was followed by the article by Carol Look, and this paragraph that I underlined:

So stop pretending you aren't hurt by what happened. Stop pretending that you've forgiven everyone when the truth is you're seething mad inside. The Universe hears your vibration, not your words. Use EFT to target the feelings and release them once and for all, and allow peace into your life.

And it all got me to thinking. It's not that I'm choosing to pretend anything, I simply don't think about things from the past, or dwell on the negative. So (from another article) I asked myself the following questions in order to "dig up" some stuff. What am I afraid of? Sad about? etc. I wrote down my answers. Then I went to last year's Treasure Map and looking at images of what I wanted to attract that I hadn't, I asked myself questions like, "Why am I afraid to have _____?" "What will it mean if I do have it?"

I got some very interesting answers. :) And now I have this huge list of trees to chop down. I started on it yesterday and felt relief afterwards. And I took one of the items on last year's TM and dealt with every negative thought, every unbelief, anything and everything that came up, and then I tapped on it from the positive thought side. I felt so great afterwards and today when I think of it I feel peace.

I was wondering if anyone else was chopping down trees (working through a list of specific things).

I actually find the notion of things from the past being an issue, annoying. I want to sweep all the cobwebs free in one swoop and be done with it.

:heart:
    Rhea
  3. Natalia

Natalia New Member

Now that's what I've been missing Rhea! Thanks for the thougt provoking post.

I have posted before that I too don't think anything from my past is a Big Deal. Stuff happens. To everyone. Get on with it. I think this is a good attitude generally speaking -- but it is also important to face the issues. I know when I've tried to make a list of things to tap on, I've thought there was nothing because nothing in my past was terribly tragic or traumatic. But I think I have been avoiding dealing with my issues -- whatever their magnitute.

I need to make my own list and start chopping trees. I said I would do this by looking at, meditating and tapping on this year's TM. I think I will.
  4. Deborah

Deborah New Member

Hi mamas,
    Rhea -- what a great idea on tapping last year's t.m. -- sounds like a great approach!

I have made my personal procedure list a while ago -- all those memories from the past that for some reason still bother me. I don't tap on them alone though -- I work through them with my therapist. Every single one, no matter how small, has a profound meaning to me and I honestly don't have it in me to work on it alone. So it pleases me to hear of others who are able to work solo ...

I was just at a three day Family Constellation workshop that was amazing. A lot of emotion, both draining and then supporting. (I even taught a few folks tapping on the side which was cool .... ) I can't even begin to put into words the experience except to say that there is much relief from a constellation and from facing the truth about our families. And in the facing of the facts, and the fates, of our families, there is an opening for love.

But I've been sleeping a ton and am still regrouping ....

Hugs to all.
  5. Natalia

Natalia New Member

Family Constellation stuff is next on my list. Maybe June 1 after I get this house packed up.
  6. Linda

Linda Amity's Focus Member

I am slowly working through my list on my own.
    Maybe one a week. Often it takes a headache or a cold for me to face something form the past, make time for it and move through it. I was thinking about this the other day...I would prefer to just attack the list. I know what incredibly relief I can get from just clearing one story. I find my dreams are starting to be useful to point my in the direction of clearning stuff as welll. That surprises me.
    ON your 'list' take the ones that stand out to you for some reason. Don't rationalize it...and say 'oh well, that one isn't so bad or does not bother me so much' If it jumps out to you, energetically there is a reason! If you remember it and it is on your list, there is a reason.

Rehana always says...
    'give yourself 'permission' to have your emotions'

Give yourself permission to be angry, sad, hurt...whatever. Permission!You have persmission to have your feelings and move through them!!!
  7. Linda

ON my list to work on right now..
    stories in regards to my mom. It is time. I've cleared a few in relation to her...but I want to get more direct about it. She is not doing well and I feel like if I clear my stuff with her I can be more clear and present for her...
    All the times mom 'abandoned' me. Big theme for me.

And...abundance.

My two biggies right now.
  8. Rhea

Rhea Tickled by the view

Yesterday I went to "face" one of my biggies that I had previously written out and found that I didn't feel anything. Nothing bad, nothing positive. So I tapped through one of the sentences I'd written down, then another, and on the third, I just felt plain silly and stopped.

I looked over my list of trees and tapped on a couple others instead. (Ones that when I read them I felt ucky.)

So here's my question. Has it ever happened to you where trees on your list were no big deal at a later date, and if so, did you tap on them anyhow? Just check them off the list?

Thanks!
    Rhea
  9. Rhea

Rhea Tickled by the view

Linda, it's nice to see you. :heart:

Abandonment, that's a good one. Abundance/prosperity are on my list. Abandonment should be. (Where's the oblivious whistling smiley?) :)

Rhea
  10. Linda

Weelll....
    I would TEST the biggie. Different sentences...
    Give yourself permission to have feelings about it. OR GUESS...what your number would be on a 1-10 scale. For me~a lot of times, I know something was bad at the time, but I have no feelings about it now, unless I make a guess and the number that often comes out of my mouth is very high and gets higher when I give myself permission to have feelings about it again. Or think about what the number was AT THE TIME OF THE INCIDENT. Then tap on it and see where it takes you.

Say the words OUT LOUD...and see if it is different for you.

Yes, sometimes you go back and the incidents are no longer intense. However, I am gently skeptical if it was a big one in your life at the time. :hug:

I am very impressed you went on to other ones and tapped on those! Well done!
  11. Rhea

Rhea Tickled by the view

Linda, you are so right on. Last night, that stuff bothered me big time and my thoughts were all along the lines of "what the heck?" Well... I'm wondering if that neutralness when I contemplated it had anything to do with the poster and my deadline. I needed and wanted to do a great job on the poster, and had tapped all over it, and then once the poster was done, the intensity around the biggy was back. So maybe the neutralness around the biggie was part of my getting to the point I could function on the poster (since that big issue also has a lot to do with prosperity and stuff,) and now that the poster is done, woohoo I get to face my emotions around this other issue. :cuc:

Thanks for your support, Mama. Love you.

Rhea

12. Linda

you are most welcome:)
    Love you too:)