Does anyone's diapers shred?

Discussion in 'Cloth Diapering' started by griffin, Mar 31, 2006.

1. griffin

griffin New Member

I mean to really disintegrate after 3months or so of use. First it was my older boy whose urine destroyed my cotton fitteds so i switched to disposables. Then this happened again with my 8month old. They have wrecked about 20 fitteds, 15 doublers between them.

I didn't have this problem with my previous children. Has anyone have this happen to them?
  2. DevDandKatesmom

DevDandKatesmom New Member

Huh? I have no clue... I know, Im such help..LOL
    GL figuring it out tho!
  3. desertbolands

desertbolands New Member

Maybe it's the type of diaper, detergent, bleach, fabric softener, or a really harsh washing machine? Any of those could destroy the dipes.

I used european prefolds that I purchased when my son was 6mths old. They've gone through Peter, Charlotte, and now with Felicity those origanal prefolds are starting to shred. I was them through three cycles and most often tumble dry in the dryer. I've also used Kissaluvs (for Charlotte and Felicity) and they're doing fine.

I've never heard of a diaper falling apart in less than a year though.

Good luck
  4. griffin

griffin New Member

we use a regular detergent, dynamo, and a thomson washing machine. the diapers were ivy roses (lennon prints no less :sob: ) and toadies and the funny thing is was the threads/cotton inners that fell apart. if it was a knit, that would be okay but hemp/cotton would shred.

bumping and hoping that someone might have some advice for me, what not to do. i am using gerber prefolds/fbs for the time being. these are okay.

thank you so much mamas. i :heart: amitys.