Does any place recycle clothing?

Discussion in 'Household FAQ' started by ~Bethany~, Mar 1, 2005.

1. ~Bethany~

~Bethany~ Live and let live

I donate alot, but often the kids clothing is too worn out to donate. I hate just throwing whole articles of clothing away, even if they are stained or unwearable. I don't really sew, so can't reuse the fabric that way, and I already do cut up towels, etc for rags.

It seems like I recall hearing about a fabric recycling something or another? Any idea?
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2005
  2. Half dozen mama

Half dozen mama Fabric addict

My friend who volunteers at goodwill said they sell any unusable clothing to rag dealers, and they recycle them.
  3. ChantingMama

ChantingMama The Divine Miss M

Yeah, that's what I heard, so I send everything to them, even if they are too worn to be much good for anything else. I figure it's worth the chance that they actually do. If they don't, well, they will end up in a landfill either way.

I have also heard that some thrift sotres crate up the leftovers and ship them to places like Africa where they could use anything they get. I have heard that one from a few good sources.

Murali
  4. huskrkid

huskrkid Got Yarn?

I took a huge back to recycle to Goodwill before we moved overseas. I think the Salvation Army has a similar program too.