Do you worry about fleece?

Discussion in 'Cloth Diapering' started by Tammy, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Tammy

Tammy lovin' my THREE kidlets

I've noticed that most people on some of the diapering boards i've been to are now into fuzzi bunz. My dd actually used fuzzi bunz exclusively in toddlerhood until she learned to use the toilet... but I really wonder about putting fleece against a baby's skin... part of the reason we (dh and I) use cloth is to keep plastic and chemicals away from our baby's bottom... since fleece is made of plastic (i think?), doesn't this defeat the purpose if you are using that argument for using cloth... i suppose it's still more economical.... does anyone worry about the health effects of fleece, or is fleece okay?

Tammy
  2. DixieChick

DixieChick One Hot Mama!

Lots of people worry about fleece. I used fleece when occassionally cloth dipaering my other 3 children, but am trying to avoid it this time around. I am doing almost exclusively wool. I do have a few prowraps covers in small sizes and a friend is making some AIOs for my husband to use as well.
  3. Maiden Comfort

Maiden Comfort boobie juice maker

Yup - and that's why most of my diapers are all cotton, and I use mostly wool or nylon covers. I have one fleece AIO (fleece shell, with snap in soaker) and 1 pocket diaper.

For my new babes I use nothing but natural fibers.
  4. Linda

Linda Amity's Focus Member

Yes, I do. I use wool pretty much exclusively. I did buy some PUL covers and a couple of Fuzzi Buns for my diaper bag when we go out-but we never go out much at this point. She has worn PUL or fleece a dozen times in almost 6 months. Fuzzi Buns and the like are great...and they are much better than disposables because there are no yucky chemicals in them...
    You just have to choose what is best for you. I think they are great for outings and such.

I also don't like fleece as baby does not feel when they are wet.
    I LOVE my wool:) And there are some pretty easy trim ones out there like Bumpy, Nikky(very trim, but very small size ranges)...Monster Baby...then you also have to make sure the wool hasn't been treated with any yucky chemicals:p
  5. mommy2maya

mommy2maya Amity's Focus Member

Let me preface by saying when we cd, I exclusively use Fuzzi Bunz. They are definitely not economical- for as long as each size lasted for us, it was cheaper to buy Huggies. Truthfully, for us, the only way it was economical to cloth diaper was to use prefolds & simple covers exclusively, which is also a super simple system- prefolds with either nylon covers or wool covers, very easy and can be cheap.