Cute little thing

Discussion in 'EFT, Emotional Freedom Technique' started by Natalia, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Natalia

Natalia New Member

I have been tapping for Andrew when he gets upset. He is very scared of dogs. We haven't eliminated his fear, but it does help to tap while dogs are around.

I don't necessarily do the points -- esp. out in public. I tap whereever I can while he clings to me, often on his spine.

Anyway. He asks for tapping all of the time now when he is upset. And, he comes up to me and taps me to. :hbeat:
  2. Linda

Linda Amity's Focus Member

I think that is a BIG thing!!!
    :hbeat:
    and cute:)
    the spinal points are GREAT. I use those when Aidra is lying across my lap. she likes it. sometimes I tap them, sometimes I rub them or just touch them. I don't worry about being exact:)
  3. pamela

pamela New Member

What spinal points are you referring to?

I am familiar with a technique in which you gently 'brush' the energy off the back of a child from the head down their spine without touching the child. It is very calming. I don't know what it is called, though.
  4. Linda

the ones used down the spine...that are onthe bladder meridian...

they start at c1 and just go to the sacrum. 23 of the vertebrae can be felt along the back. but believe me it is a forgiving process..don't get worried about getting them all.
    the two points on either side of each vertebrae basically, one inch from the vertebrae.. I use finger tips, because there is energy there.
    massage or tap the points parallel to the spine.
    hth! :)
  5. brooken

brooken New Member

Wow, I never thought about using it this way. My dd, too, has dog terror, I will try it next time.

Related question: if I know when her fear started, say, when she was two and a big dog jumped on her, can I tap on that incident to try to clear it? What kind of words would you use?
  6. Linda

Yes, you can use this with her...
    and if she is willing, have her tell the story about what happened that time. You can tell her...can you make it into a little movie and tell me what happened in the movie?"
    If you tap surrogately for her..the you say
    "I am...my daughter Her name)
    then you tell the story/movie...beginning middle and end.

Then you can tell it in different versions...

A really great technique for kids (and ADULTS!) is to have them tell the story but with cartoon characters. So, the dog can be Pluto, underdog, Lassie whatever she comes up with and you daughter could be Kiki, Cinderella, FIona...whoever...and then tell her same story but with the cartoon characters in it. very fun for kids..and changes the brain chemistry in relation to the story.
    She can also describe the movie the way she would like it to have happened...
    So, the doggie was on a leash with its owner walking it. the owner said 'lie down...' the doggie did lie down and I walked by...or I petted him anbd he didn't wiggle or move at all...he was really soft and so calm and he liked me petting him...
    etc.

you can surrogate tap for her with the different versions too...
    HTH!
    if you have more questions please ask:)
  7. Morgansma

Morgansma Active Member

That is really great, Natalia!