Cord Around the Neck

Discussion in 'EFT, Emotional Freedom Technique' started by Natalia, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Natalia

Natalia New Member

This evening, I was tapping with ds. I am working through some issues that I think might be contributing to his diagnosis of autism and the challenges related to this that he has. Yesterday, I tapped on vaccination and DTP since I have evidence to this effect.

Today, I started tapping on him and said, "Let's talk about you being born." He talks, but his language is very delayed. So, I started to talk about his birth. He came out with the cord around his neck. Then, I check my e-mail and see Gary's newsletter with this story:

Here's a great example by Jo Hainsworth of New Zealand of how core issues can automatically show up during an EFT session. She was tapping for an intense fear of using a firefighter's breathing apparatus and says, "As I tapped, all of a sudden the thought popped into my head that I was born with the umbilical cord wrapped several times around my neck. I had the sensation of being a newborn baby trying desperately to breathe with something around my neck. I recalled how I can't stand having anything around my throat. So I did some tapping for the newborn baby..."

Andrew had trouble with oral sensitivity for years which severely limited his food choices. We've resolved a lot of that with homeopathy and I have tapped on it before. Still, pretty cool to see this synchronicity.

BUT, I hate having things around my neck. By this I mean, turtle necks, a zipped up jacket. Interesting....

Something for me to work on.

But with ds, the tapping went down a path that I had Fifth Disease when pregnant with him which was also interesting. I tapped for him on being so little, still gettting made and having this virus.
  2. Morgansma

Morgansma Active Member

That is so amazing Natalia!!
  3. Rhea

Rhea Tickled by the view

Way to go Natalia!

Rhea
  4. Linda

Linda Amity's Focus Member

Great work Natalia!
    Remember to always look at your end of the experience with him.
    For example, your concerns and experience with Fifths disease while you were pregnant, what the Doctor said or you rad....mother guilt. Clearing your stuff is important:)
  5. Percy's Mom

Percy's Mom New Member

Wow. That is very moving. So amazing at the depths and complexities that can emerge from EFT. So glad you shared it. I helps me know what is possible.
  6. SRay

SRay New Member

Wow. That's interesting. It makes sense.