Cloth diaper ?'s pocket and AIO

Discussion in 'Cloth Diapering' started by singlemomto3, Mar 3, 2005.

1. singlemomto3

singlemomto3 New Member

I am looking for the BEST AIO there is... Any ideas.. the more i deal with fuzzi bunz and watch my friend reach in to pull the liners out ( I just shake them into the pail each time) the more i realize that they are more work then throw away ones.. and i am going to be super tired.. i really want cloth diapering to work but also to be as easy except for having to run the washer.. I have thought about trying to wash them with the liners in 1st on cold.. then maybe seperating them all out... then washing them on hot.. don't know if it would work.. or be worth it... any ideas accepted..
  2. bluebird

bluebird New Member

I don't have nearly as much experience as some of the other ladies on here, but we use mainly Little Lambs AIOs and absolutely love them! They're adorable, they work great, they dry quickly, and they're easy to assemble!

The soakers just snap into the waterproof shells.

For laundry, i keep a dry pail for the diapers that were just peed in and a second pail of cold water to soak the poopy dipes. First though, i remove what poop i can with toilet paper and flush that (I hate toilet dunking). When it's time to wash dipes, i empty the cold water pail into the washer, run a spin cycle, then add the rest of the diapers and wash everything on hot. Oh yeah, i unsnap the soakers at was time too.

hope this helps!

ps we also have kushies aios but i hate them! They take longer to dry, wick at the legs, and don't contain bf poo very well imo.
  3. mamabug

mamabug Searching for Autumn

You may want to try just one aio from a different WAHM to see if its a winner first. I have btdt, where I buy tons of something, and then they don't work out for us...e.g. the Kushies with our second baby. Every baby is different, and requires different absorbency needs, closures, and fit. Its time consuming and frustrating, but the aio's out there vary. You might visit Diaperpin to see how different aio's rated. We loved our Beccabottoms aio's. I just put my ds in quick-dry Honey Boys and I love them!! Trimmer than I expected, and fit him wonderfully. However, some moms may find the WP too bulky...See what I mean? Here's the link to the site : www.diaperpin.com :happy:
  4. branwyn

branwyn fasting and cleansing

email me if you want to stay in touch - madhousema
    we like ME AIOs
  5. firstloves

firstloves promoting AP

We use all AIo's for daytime. Our favorites are mudpies, bbh, and our own little bittys. We prefer fast drying aio's.
  6. Sustainer

Sustainer New Member

7. ~SolsticeMama~

~SolsticeMama~ New Member

Well it depends alot on the size of your baby. Some babies have super chubby thighs that work better with one kind of aio, some have a high rise, some low rise etc etc. Different dipes work for different babes. I've only had experience with chunky thighed babies so that's what I know best. Becky at lucyshopechest.com is super fast has a good fabric selection and makes some of the trimmest aios around. Angelwraps.com are another option for aios. Of course you could always try a fitted and cover. SOS dipes with an alexis fether lite pant makes for a very trim and leakproof combo. The pants can be reused several times and the SOS gets tossed into the laundry pail, easy peasy. I like fitteds with an AF lots of times over an aio.