Can you use those microfiber towels from Home depot in fuzzibunz?

Discussion in 'Cloth Diapering' started by Lydiasmomma, Sep 29, 2005.

1. Lydiasmomma

Lydiasmomma And Levi's mom too!!

I saw a 12 pack of microfiber towels at HD for $9. Is this the same kind of stuff the FB inserts are made from? I can't use hemp b/c of my hard water, so I'd like to try these if they work, but I'm short on cash right now and don't want to waste money if they aren't the right kind of stuff. I don't know too much about microfiber.
  2. Slabobbin

Slabobbin New Member

Yes they can be used for diapers. Some people cut or fold them...I found some at Target that when folded into thirds were the perfect size and I just sewed them at each end so that the sides were still loose (for fast drying) but so I wouldn't have to fold them each time. They work wonderfully.
  3. norasmama

norasmama Nigel's mama too!

yup

edited to add - make sure that you don't use any fabric softener on the microfiber cloths (even ones you aren't useing for dipes -- they don't work well for anything when they are coated with that stuff)
  4. Janessa

Janessa New Member

they work great, I love microfiber so far it's been so much easier to keep happy then hemp
    Janessa
  5. khogue2002

khogue2002 Member

I'm not familar with FB inserts but we've been using regular microfiber towels here for a few weeks now and they work great. Sam's Club sells an 18 count pkg for just under $10.
  6. thrifty_sahm

thrifty_sahm Now a WAHM

I did the same thing. I also saw them at the Dollar Tree this week.