My son is in public K now, but we got a letter on Tuesday telling us we have until Mon. the 31st to withdraw him from school and enroll him in another that is over 20 miles away. His current school is 4. We would have to drive right by it to get to the other. If he were to ride the bus he would be first on and last off and spend at least 1.5 hours each way.. which just is NOT an option, not to mention we are not very thrilled with the school. The reason for this is that we are about 25 yards on the other side of the county line. Half of our property is on one side of the line and the other in the adjoining county. When I enrolled my son I told them that we were in another county but that county had no bus service for our area. Historically all other children on this road have also attended their school district. I asked would there be a problem, they looked us up and I was told NO. Had I known they would boot him.. I would have never enrolled him. :eyes: He LOVES his teacher, his classroom, his school.. and has made many new friends. :wah: We have filled out a transfer request but know it will be denied as the county is not accepting any transfers. For the time we plan to appeal until we no longer have the option. I am going to use this time to go ahead and get things in order for our homeschool. We are looking at this as the sign that we need to proceed with our homeschooling dreams. I am more confident that I can do this now. I spend about an hour an afternoon with my son doing his homework, sight words, etc and he is VERY eager to learn. My almost 4 year old is as well. I am sure adding more time to that won't be a problem if we switch things around a bit. We have plans of turning our living room in to a learning room for them since we use it as a play room now. There is room to fit a couple desks in there as well as a chalkboard and other things that we may need. There is lots of room to hang things as well. We already have two extra computers that they can use as well and do so now. I do not have to start reporting until Bailey is 7 but I figured I may go ahead and start keeping records now so I can get into the habit of doing so. We plan to check out our local co-op as well. We will be using the money we are spending on gas to take them back and forth to school now on a weekly field trip too. I am very excited, yet still a little apprehensive. My mom thinks it is a great idea, but says I must get control of my discipline issues first. My husbands parents are not at all open to the thought, but we are prepared to accept whatever comes with that. It is our choice, our kids, and thats pretty much the end of that. So, I would love any links, books, favorite parts of curriculums, advice, materials that are a must.. that you can offer. I would be so appreciative. I may need a little hand holding at first, but I really feel this is going to be the best thing for our kids. Thanks for reading mamas.