Can tapping help me with endurance?

Discussion in 'EFT, Emotional Freedom Technique' started by blossom, Mar 22, 2008.

1. blossom

blossom New Member

OK, so I've been reading in this forum for a while now and this is the first time I've posted, or started a thread.

I am about to participate in what I imagine is going to be the endurance test of a lifetime. You can read about it on my blog but it is the Oxfam Walk Against Want. I will be walking 100 kms in 24 hours ~ walking through the night with my 3 team mates.

The plan is to walk 20km then stop for an hour, another 20 km then stop for an hour and so on.

We have been in training for months and doing 20 km stints. At the end of each of these training sessions I can't imagine or fathom having to get up and do another 80. I am so scared. I don't feel ready, yet I don't know if you can ever really be ready for a physical challenge like this. They say it's up there with childbirth.

So my question: can tapping help me get myself into the right frame of mind to get through this.

I have an enormous amount of stress in my life at present: new job, both my MIL and grandfather are in hospital with terminal cancer and probably will both pass away within the next month and amongst all the normal duties of a wife and mother I'm training for this mammoth walk and I'm terrified. :eyes:

Please tell me tapping can help me deal with all I am facing in the next month.:help:
  2. Linda

Linda Amity's Focus Member

Welcome, Blossom:) It sounds like you have a LOT going on right now:( Sending you lots of strength, mama. One day at a time.

Yes, tapping absolutely can help you with the endurance issue.

What are the obstacles in your endurance?
    Journal on this. Journal on your fears. Where there other times you felt like this in your life? When was the worst time or first time you felt these bodily feelings and emotions? This will give you a place to start. Take each incident(or one of you only have one) and rate them on intensity (0-10) scale. And then tap on them.
    Use the movie technique to tap on them.

You can ALSO tap on doing something in the future and tap on it..the negative..and tap while you tell the story of succeeding in the walk. When you tap on the successful walk, if there are any tail enders that come up..the 'yes, but's...'this will give you clues on where to go to tap next.

You can also do continuous tapping.This is a quote form another post. (If you don't understand what I am saying..I am going to film a little video of it tomorrow and put it up in the forum.)
    OK..you can also start with..(to do another version of EFT~remember take what works for you and throw the rest away, this is about your experience, and your words, not my interpretation based on a brief post)

~even though I have so much on my plate, I don't think I can handle it all...I deeply and profoundly accept myself..
    ~even though I am so overwhelmed and feel like I am gonna fail(at whatever) I deeply and profoundly accept myself
    ~even though I am so sad about my families illnesses...and their imminent deaths...I deeply and profoundly accept myself.
    ~even though I feel like I have taken too much on at the moment and I feel like I am going to fail at least one thing...

then tap on the key words that come up for you. I highly recommend writing stuff down as you go. And even if stuff comes up that you think"hey, there is no way that is related..." tap on that. even if it does not seem logically related, it is energetically related.

HTH! If you have any questions, please ask...You know I will do my best to help:)
  3. blossom

blossom New Member

Thank you Linda. I do tend to blog about my fears but I always try to show how brave I want to be ~ not how scared I really am. I do have past experiences where I've felt overwhelmed and look back on those times and wonder how I got through them.

Can you show me some links on how to actually tap? I always imagined it was done on a table but it sounds like it's done with just tapping the fingers together. That video would be useful if you can link me to it. Something visual would be good to see.

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it. :hug:
  4. Deborah

Deborah New Member

Don't know if Linda got to you yet but the videos are stickied at the start of the forum ....
  5. blossom

blossom New Member

Thanks, I've been having a lot of trouble sleeping and my back is aching.....I'm going to try it out tonight.