Can I cloth diaper? new to the world of cloth diapering

Discussion in 'Cloth Diapering' started by aywilkes, Jul 13, 2006.

1. aywilkes

aywilkes New Member

I am pregnant and due to have my baby in February. My sister is a cloth diapering advocate - can talk about it for hours and I am interested in becoming a cloth diapering mom. The only thing is that I will need to go back to work (hoping to hire someone to be in the house if my husband can't change his schedule to accomodate mine). Do you think it is possible to cloth diaper successfully - at least 75% of the time although I am not an at home mom?
  2. rachael

rachael New Member

yup you can even do it full time while working! if you have in home care then you just use pocket or AIOs something easy and some daycares will use them also, you just need to start asking around. some DCP wont rinse poopy dipes-i cant blame there-you just need to take them home EVERY night!

check out www.diaperswappers.com and you will get tons of advice there!
  3. scubamom

scubamom New Member

it is possible.
    i cloth diaper both of my boys. once i went back to work with ds#1 when he was one, i must admit i couldnt find childcare who would do the cloth well. she would put them in a grocery bag outside (im sure i lost a couple that way), and im sure she didnt change him often enough, so was easier to use sposies while he was with her (only for a short period).
    However we still used our cloth evening and weekends, and now are using the same dipes on ds#2. Plus i then found better childcare, who would use the cloth, although noone will flick the poop LOL, that nice job is left till when i got home.

I love my cloth and i hated to having to use sposies and used to change his dipe the moment we got home. But with your sister a diaper advocate you will know all the reasons why they are great, and honestly i really dont find it anymore work. less in fact as have no leaks and poop blowouts unlike in sposies.
    hope this helps
  4. Linda

Linda Amity's Focus Member

You can get the rice papaer liners for the dipes, so if babe poops in them, the DCP just lift the rice paper out and flush it.

You can do it. I agree pocket Aios would be good. I like Bumkins AIO too.
    I know mamas you have sent their kids to daycare with trifolded prefolds in Bummis wraps. So it will all depend...