calling all flat diaper users...

Discussion in 'Cloth Diapering' started by Soggy Granola, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Soggy Granola

Soggy Granola Live, Love, Twilight.

How do I fold it best for a newborn?

Mine are not square, they're rectangle after washing. Did I buy the wrong thing? I did machine dry them, wonder if they'd be mroe square if they weren't all wrinkly and such.

If you've used flats, give me all your tips and tricks :D.
  2. cathleenc

cathleenc dirty. good dirt.

Maybe you have prefolds instead of flats? Prefolds are 'prefolded' - that is they have more layers in the middle and usually half those layers on each side. A flat diaper is just a single layer of fabric that you would need to fold to get the same effect of a prefold. It's rare to find or use flats anymore.... and the rectangle shape sure sounds like a prefold.
  3. xheathers

xheathers Notions Addict

For newborns I used the cotton terry washcloths from Costco. After the babies outgrew them, they were used as washies and wipies for years. My MIL had a friend over when she was visiting and this friend was British and kept telling me how wonderful it was to see someone using "terry nappies" just like she used to use.
  4. Selissa

Selissa Who said I was Girly????

I tri fold the rectangly ones....or just keep folding them in half in various directions until they are the right size of rectangle...lol helpful huh?
  5. LatteLover

LatteLover Amity's Focus Member

Flats are making a comeback though... check out MDC. They are quite the "rage" these days.

Emily