Best detergent for front loading washer...diapers?

Discussion in 'Cloth Diapering' started by grian, Jun 28, 2005.

1. grian

grian New Member

~Maine...but temporarily living in texas, going to
    We are about to have a new front loading washer installed and I haven't a clue what to use with it. I'd like to stay with earth friendly detergent, but if I absolutely can't what are my options?

I'm about to be back into cloth diapering as soon as our new babe arrives, do I need to do anything different or special for diapers using a front loader?

I feel so domestically challenged :confused:

TIA!
  2. annb

annb It's like herding cats.

I use regular tide, and with our water softener it takes about 2 tablespoons.
    We also add a small scoop of baking soda and/or borax. hth
  3. TheDoodysMom

TheDoodysMom Member

Allens Naturally is a great natural detergent that is compatible with FLs. If you don't have any microfleece on your dipes, Bi-O-Kleen works well too. I'm currently using Method HE from Target, and I really like it a lot!
  4. treecitydiapers

treecitydiapers New Member

Ditto that! If you get a gallon of the Allen's you can do 256 loads! Or if you are just using allen's on diapers you can get 512 loads out of it :lol:

Allen recommends 1 ounce for top loaders, 1/2 ounce for front loaders. When doing diapers you should cut that in half.
  5. RFamHere

RFamHere ~DDD Mama~

I just got a front loader on Friday and I bought Tide HE since dh can be sensitive to soaps and Tide is ok for him. I love my front loader. What kind do you all have? I bought an LG Electronics.
  6. nellebelle

nellebelle believer of miracles

land of frigid winters and sweltering summers
    nak...

Where do you buy it? Online or crunchy local store? :)

Nelle
  7. thrifty_sahm

thrifty_sahm Now a WAHM

I just got the Kenmore HE4t front loaders when we moved in this house this past April. I LOVE doing laundry. I just don't quite feel comfortable about whether I am using the right amount of detergent. Not sure how to tell.

Currently I use VERY little. Maybe I should just start measuring it. I am using a kirkland brand, not an HE kind right now.
  8. grian

grian New Member

~Maine...but temporarily living in texas, going to
    Thanks for all of the recommendations. I think I'll try to search out the Allen's Naturally.

We bought a GE front loader, can't think of the model, my dh gets an employee discount so we didn't do too much shopping around.
  9. treecitydiapers

treecitydiapers New Member

You can buy it online (I sell it) but you can usually find it cheaper at a natural foods store local to you.