Best AIO's for a newborn?

Discussion in 'Cloth Diapering' started by mrslitz, Sep 17, 2005.

1. mrslitz

mrslitz New Member

A good friend just found out she's pg. She really likes my diapers (kushies aio's) and wants to cloth diaper. I'd like to get her some as a gift but she wants to cd right from the start... I didn't understand the wonder of cloth dipes until dd was 3 weeks old so I have no idea which ones would be best!

Any ideas? Even if they are yours that you make and sell, lemmie hear about it! Also, I think aio's would be easier in the beginning... do you think thats true?

Any advice would be great ladies.

Thank you!

Jennifer
    Mama to Caroline 11.24.04 :monkeydan
  2. LeosMama

LeosMama Guest

Hi Jennifer,
    I was just have this discussion with dh.
    I have started making my own AIO's with this in mind. I am using a chinese prefold as the diaper body and malden mills fleece as my outer. If you email me, I'll send you a links to the pics of it. I made this to fit my toddler, but this is what I want to do for my next one as a newborn. I agree about the AIO thing for a nb. I could never keep the bf poopies off of covers, anyhow. :LOL
    HTH
    -Lindsay
  3. sayitwithtees

sayitwithtees New Member

Maybe very baby (www.verybaby.com)

Kushies are hit and miss. They were a miss for us.

I think pockets would be just as easy in the beginning. Prefolds aren't that hard once you get the hang of them (which is no time) and fitteds are great too.

I would start w/ a starter pack to give you a variety of systems (babiesinthesun.com, no www, has a cheap one) and an idea of how they work, but w/ all the changes in the beginning, prefolds are the way to go w/ a few fancy dipes thrown in for outtings and gathering (to show off of course ;))

HTH,
    Michelle
  4. firstloves

firstloves promoting AP

Kushies tend to be a miss with breastmilk poo. Atleast they nflowere with us.
    We tried alot with ds and have a stash of new ones for the baby and from what I learned and can tell.
    sunflower derriers are wonderful and have good elastic for holding in poo.
    Also diaperpail.com is great
    and lastly angelwraps.com