Baby, I've got a garden again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by BlueRoseMama, Jun 11, 2009.

1. BlueRoseMama

BlueRoseMama Amity's Focus Member

When I dare to be powerful -- to use my strength i
    I spent about an hour yesterday picking out starts for my pretty little garden at the new house. :) Today my plan is to spend the next hour planting them before we have to leave to go pick up the paint and buy the new stove. I am SO excited! I haven't done anything in a garden since I laid my beautiful garden to rest last Oct. I was really upset about not having a garden this year, thinking that even if we found a house by garden season, I wouldn't have the time to set up a garden... so I was doomed to wait until next year. But no! The house we bought already has a garden! It isn't exactly what I would have done, but who cares! I have a garden! Off to put plants in it... I will take pictures to post later. :)

Val
  2. Korwynne

Korwynne Mama of Miracles

ooh, how wonderful! Whatcha growing this year? I need to figure out what else I want to put in.

I'm sorry I never made it by before our trip, things were insane. Life is so much calmer now, but I'm sure it's chaotic for you with unpacking and all.. where did y'all end up buying?
  3. snugbug

snugbug Watching my baby grow

I can't wait to see your space as it grows :) Val you are so stinking fast. You unpack like a madwoman, buy starts and paint and new stoves and you haven't even been in the new place a whole week. You amaze me. Let me know if you want any herb starts from my garden which are all from you and your garden originally. I was very happy yesterday in that two of my regular out and about jaunts put me within a minute of your house- had I had more time I could have stopped on by :)

Also let me know what starts you buys so I know what I can still put in my garden. I think I've decided I'm incapable of gardening without you- I'm a truly social project starter/finisher.

Sarah
  4. BlueRoseMama

Jody... yes, things are crazy. What Sarah says is true, I move like a mad woman when it comes to getting things done when I move into a house. It is like a baby that keeps crying... I just HAVE to do something about it! But when things calm down I would love to have your family over for a play date in my new backyard. :)

Sarah... I picked up large tomato starts, lots of herbs, and a couple cucs, and Heather gave me watermelons and zucchini that she started for me in her sweet little green house. I have pictures, but they are not in the ground yet, so I will wait to show the progression until it is done.

New stove is having to wait until we can get a quote from the gas line guy... but I bought primer for the homeschool room which we are painting this weekend. Toupe (sp?) with white trim... doesnt' that sound lovely after this dark paneling? And I am using the left over packing paper I had to buy as a drop cloth. lol!

Val
  5. chrissymama

chrissymama Amity's Focus Member

Yay, how exciting! I always loved seeing pictures of your garden at your old house.
  6. juliebelle

juliebelle taking pictures

i need an update...i didn't know you were moving again???
  7. BlueRoseMama

Hey Julie. Yes I moved again. This time though, it is to a house that we have bought and we are completely thrilled with. :)

Here are some pics:

Picasa Web Albums - BlueRoseMama - 2009_6_9

The updates are all on my blog... but the basic story is, we have spent over $2100 in gas bills alone for the past 6 months living at the last house. Even last month our 'heating' bill (because the heat was set at 60*) was $142. It was rediculous. On top of that, it was falling down around our ears. Everything was broken or in a general state of disrepair and neglect. So we decided to get out... and right now is the perfect time to buy a house. So we searched and searched, being very crazy about it all, and we found this gem of a house tucked away in the corner of Tacoma. It was only owned by two people, and the last ones were here for over 30 years (and before that they owned the house across the street, so they had lots of stories to tell us). This house was in pristine shape... even the apriaser said that the seeming 'house age' was more like 15 years than 45.

So we bought it and moved in on Saturday. Right now I am painting the homeschool room and unpacking everything else and just settling in... but one of the biggest selling points of this house is that this womans hobbies (the one that owned the house before us) were JUST like mine. She gardened, sewed, and papercrafted. So everything that was around and in the house was already set up just for me. It was lovely. So that is the story... and I hope that we spend as many happy years here as they did... becuase I sure am happy to be here.
  8. juliebelle

juliebelle taking pictures

awesome....so glad that it was a good move.
  9. Korwynne

Korwynne Mama of Miracles

I'm so glad you found the right place, Val. When life settles down, we'll definitely have to get together. We'll have ballet Tuesday/Thursday from the last week of June until the first week in August, but that's it, and it's not until 4:15 (in Renton). I'm not sure if our Wed. playgroup will continue through the summer or not. We're going to have a fairly mellow summer, I think.

I have lemon verbena planted in my garden because I loved yours so much. :)