Are there cloth diaperers out there?

Discussion in 'Cloth Diapering' started by oneandcounting, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Seems no posts in the last 30 days... I'm new to AmityMama and just hoping to connecting with other CDing mamas! Are you out there? What do you use? How old are your babes? Any favorite diapering combos?

We use BumGenius 2.0 One-size pockets, Haute Pockets one-size, Crickett's Hemp fitted, Dream-Eze Organic Cotton fitteds, and some Kushies Classics with Imse Vimse cotton wraps. I'm daydreaming about the right stash for my not-yet-conceived second and third children! My son is 20 months old.

Anyone have experience using wool with fitteds? I'm hoping to add some wool to the mix soon.

Thanks for reading and I hope to learn some tricks!
  2. Raffi

Raffi Just another Mama

Hi there!
    There are lots of CD'ers on here, you may want to post on the main market board though, thats where most of us hang out :)
  3. Brunhilde

Brunhilde New Member

I'm new to the board and pretty new to cloth diapering. I have a 2 year old and 5 month old in cloth and I use all one size diapers so they can share. We currently use a combination of BG 3.0, Baby Kangas, Wahmies, and Bumwear. I'm also going to pick up some prefolds to round out the stash and hold me over until I can get some more pockets.

I also have a 5 year old in Happy Heiny trainers as an overnight diaper.

I don't use wool on my kids due to my allergy to wool. I'm going to try fleece as a wool substitute once I get the prefolds.
  4. heythereheather

heythereheather A reading family

I use cloth diapers! But Mandy is right--some of the subforums don't get a lot of traffic. Questions are welcome on the main forum (the Market).

I have a few wool covers that I've used both with fitteds and prefolds. Both work just fine. I love the wool covers, for sure.
  5. back2thebasics

back2thebasics back2thebasics

I have cloth diapered and am about to start once again when my baby comes!! I use a little of everything. I am very interested in using wool covers also, especially recycled felted sweaters. I am also working on making my own diapers, I spent this evening cutting them all out!!

I'm eager to hear if anyone else is using wool and how they like it.
  6. Bikil

Bikil Queer Pagan Mama

I use 'em too! Mine are beautifully handmade & we use prowraps covers.

Brunhilde, do I perhaps know you from another forum?
  7. annb

annb It's like herding cats.

I ususally head on over to diaperswappers.com when it comes to diapering related things.
  8. clucyshyn

clucyshyn New Member

Hi-we have been cloth diapering since May of this year on our 3rd daughter. Our 4th was born on June 19th! All girls-yikes! We have the new Fuzzi Bunz for our 19 month old which work great. At night she wets heavily and we add 2 multi layer hemp inserts on top of her microfleece insert. Bulky but does not leak. Also using some BumGenious3 on her but not sure how long they will fit and since they are more trim we usually use them in the daytime. For the newborn I have Cricket diapers and good quality prefolds and I had to add a layer of fleece to each to avoid diaper rash. I had some fun trying different diaper rash ointments and really like the Angel Baby and also the Magic Stick for preventative maintenance... When we really need zinc I use Burts Bees diaper ointment (smells great!) but even though it says it washes out it sticks to my little scrap pieces of fleece that I put in to protect the diapers. To avoid problems washing together I have been using the Imse Vimse Wash Away stain soap. Works great-takes the diaper ointment out of my liners before I throw them all in with the diapers. I spot treat the liners in a utility sink that is never used for food (and we always clean out the sink afterwards!!) You can see the stuff just rinse out of there. It really works. Goes a long way too. Also just tried Wonder Wrap covers. They are much softer than the Bummi Whisper wraps and are multi sized.
  9. LatteLover

LatteLover Amity's Focus Member

I used to but I no longer have kids in diapers! Whoooohoooo!
  10. annsni

annsni Amity's Focus Member

I cloth diapered 4 children over a period of 15 years and we're finally out of dipes. I found wool to be an awesome cover - and I used them a lot with my heavy wetter son. :)