Are fuzzi Bunz GUARANTEED not to stain?

Discussion in 'Cloth Diapering' started by Silvery_skies, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Silvery_skies

Silvery_skies MOMMY of BOYS

Or why are the OUTSIDE of my diapers all brown? YUCK! I use a dry pail and never go more than 2-3 days between washings.

I do ONE FULL complete wash on cold (so basically a double rinse) and then one full hot wash and then the cold rinse. I haven't changed anything about my diaper cleaning system- but now all of a sudden my FB are getting large brown marks on the outside fabric. It looks gross :eyes: I am not using diapers anymore as Braden is potty trained- but would like to get these somewhat clean before the new baby has to wear them- they look disgusting.
  2. JZDmama

JZDmama Boobylicious Breeder

I don't know. One of my FB got a big blue stain on the outside during a wash and I have no clue what it came from. It certainly wasn't poop. LOL. One of them also got a stain on the inside fleece that I tried to sun out and had no luck. I wrote to them and they basically told me tough luck. That if I followed the washing instructions from them and had no luck, there was nothing else they could do. Crappy customer service. :(
  3. Half dozen mama

Half dozen mama Fabric addict

All of mine look horrible, especially inside. I wash mine the same way as you, I have no idea whats going on ??
  4. juliebelle

juliebelle taking pictures

the outside of mine started to do this too. but this is after over 2 years of hard use. i bought some new ones for my son and got all darker colors so i wouldn't have to worry about it.

as for the customer service..they had a bad little period because...long story...but something like her ex husband (who is part owner) had to take over the business for a while b/c she was sick and he doesn't do 1/2 the job she did for customer service. i think things should be getting back to their better service now. just fyi.
  5. treecitydiapers

treecitydiapers New Member

Let me get this right... an article of clothing that you own got a stain on it and you blame the company for crappy customer service???? If you called Old Navy saying you got a stain on a shirt what would you expect them to say?

It is a diaper. Your kid poops in it. There is a chance with ANY diaper that it will get stains in it. No company can guarantee that their clothing/diapering products won't stain.

To the OP.... do you have hard water with lots of minerals or rust in it? That would be my guess.
  6. LatteLover

LatteLover Amity's Focus Member

Brown stains on the outside of the diaper. You don't think it is poop do you? I bet it is a water issue. Some mineral or something in your water. And no, they are no guaranteed not to stain. Though, I can see how some of their advertising would lead you to think that.
  7. JZDmama

Well for some reason I was under the impression that Fuzzi Bunz were not supposed to stain. My issue was that the emails to me were quite rude. It wasn't like I was asking for a replacement. I was looking for some washing advice since the ONLY dipes I had that sunning didn't work on were our Fuzzi Bunz.

ETA: This quote is directly from the fuzzibunz.com website. I guess I'm not so crazy after all. And sheesh, I should have asked for a replacement in restrospect.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2005
  8. angelbaby

angelbaby beam me up!

Maybe you could oxy clean or bleach them just once? Try washing all whites together - don't mix any colors with the white because that always dulls the white or can turn it grayish/brown. Eventhough my babes poop/pee in their dipes, I still like to have them looking nice, so I know what you mean about not wanting them to look gross :)
  9. mommy2maya

mommy2maya Amity's Focus Member

My guess is hard water also.
  10. Amethyst

Amethyst New Member

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! If you do that, you will destroy the PUL and the elastic!

I vote for hard water stains also. I would try google to find ways to remove those (gently). FB's aren't guaranteed NOT to stain. They do stain much more lightly (pee and poop stains) than other dipes. It's just a nice plus. The advertising is a little misleading, but I don't think it binds to a promise of zero staining.
  11. JZDmama

Jo, the fuzzi bunz people actually told me to use oxiclean when I asked for washing help.
  12. Amethyst

Amethyst New Member

Really? Another mama on here (I can't remember who it was) oxycleaned a whole bunch of her dipes, I''m pretty sure they were FBs and posted here that the elastic eroded in all of them. I'd be scared to risk it. I've been told never to bleach or oxyclean PUL, too. Both are corrosive, so it seems like it would hurt the dipes. I don't know, maybe nothing would happen.
  13. Amethyst

Amethyst New Member

Actually - I think they were dipes she made herself. Wouldn't the elastic be pretty much the same, though?
  14. JZDmama

I use oxiclean only in my toilets. LOL. I have heard that it breaks down the fibers faster, just like bleach.
  15. Amethyst

Amethyst New Member

Someone told me that they mixed up oxyclean in a plastic container to spray on clothing for stains and eventually, it ate a hole through the plastic. :eek: I can't verify the truth of it, but it sure makes me not want to put it on my diapers! LOL!
  16. Amethyst

Amethyst New Member

Oh, here - I found that post and it sucks!
  17. treecitydiapers

treecitydiapers New Member

Ahh... makes sense. I thought you were ticked at them for not "compensating" for stained diapers. Yes, rude emails is bad. They have had quite a few employees over the past year who don't have much tack.
  18. LatteLover

LatteLover Amity's Focus Member

Yeah Stacy, that is exactly what I was thinking of when I was saying how their advertising leads you that way (what you quoted from them). Rather irked me the first time I read it. I thought it was pretty misleading. Poor customer service stinks no matter what.
  19. SmartyMama

SmartyMama New Member

My son poured a Coke down the front of his white Lands End shirt, and even after my best attempts, I could not get it out. Lands End took it back with NO TROUBLE. When they say 100% Guarantee they mean it.

The above quote would lead me to believe you should be able to do that same.
  20. waterlily

waterlily arrived

Not addressing the customer service issue, but rather, the stain. Have you tried hanging it on the line in the sun? That always takes out my toughest stains better than products.