Anyone still sewing these days?

Discussion in 'Sewing & Craft' started by Chels~, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Chels~

Chels~ Moment by Moment

I find myself mostly doing repair work. Not too exciting. I would love to get back into doing some nifty projects. Maybe a new tote or top. How about you?
  2. lovencloth

lovencloth Amity's Focus Member

My equipment has been stored in a closet for the last 4 years, because I have had no where to put it. We just moved though and while I still won't be able to just leave everything out, there is room here to put up a temporary table for projects. My two daughters got jean quilts a few years ago from an older lady who made them, now my son wants one too. I have been collecting holey jeans to cut into quilt squares so he will have a matching quilt, that will be my next project.
  3. MissNairne

MissNairne All new, with added NAK!

I would lilke to set up a sewing/craft space in this house. I have scads of fabric and doll making supplies in boxes. Hopefully, once this wee one is a bit older, I can find the time and space,.
    I miss being creative!

typos brought to you by, NAK :)
  4. wheelerclan

wheelerclan Well-Known Member

I sew quilts when I feel inspired to do so. Sew the new badges on Ginny's Daisy Scout vest. That's about it!
  5. Jrnme

Jrnme Boy Crazy!!!

Ever since I sewed threw my finger a few years back my machine time has been very limited lol. I did promise Kelly a few pair of pants for Emma though so I drug my machines out yesterday and hope to get them done tomorrow.
    2 people like this.
  6. ChantingMama

ChantingMama The Divine Miss M

I actually have a whole sewing room, and I almost never sew aside from repairs and work stuff, cause I am always either working, or recovering. It makes me sad. :(
  7. Chels~

Chels~ Moment by Moment

ummmm ouch!
    1 person likes this.
  8. lovencloth

lovencloth Amity's Focus Member

I can imagine that sewing might become a bit...not fun after that. Good to see you here. :)
  9. Jrnme

Jrnme Boy Crazy!!!

It was my own fault I was using the embroidery machine on a preemie onesie and the darn thing was so small it had to hold it back with my fingers to keep it from catching the edges. Lol went right threw my finger. Needle hit the bone and shattered but still managed to go all the way threw lol. Had to go to er and have them find all the pieces. Calling the neighbor to come help me get my hand out of the machine was the worst part.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
    2 people like this.
  10. Christi

Christi Perpetually NAK'ing

I made a few pair of shorts for the girls about 2 months ago but my machine is all packed up - I want to sew for the baby... but it'll have to wait.
    1 person likes this.
  11. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Member

I've taken up quilting again - started doing a block-of-the-month club, which has encouraged me to do a bit more. I brought out my cathedral quilt again - the one my mother started - and with another 8 years of slow-but-steady work on it, I know I can finish it! LOL It is all hand-stitched.
    2 people like this.
  12. Bluemoonjo

Bluemoonjo Mama Jo

I miss sewing!!!
    When I had my 8 year old she preferred to be held all the time so I slowly stopped. Kinda crazy since I had a girl to sew for. LOL My sister in law has been trying to get me to set up the embroidery machine, but I don't remember how to set it up :doh:
    I think I still have some PRR fabric stashed. :D
  13. littlelemon

littlelemon Active Member

I wish I could say I was, but sadly I am not. My sewing space has now turned into my son's school space and my machines are up on a shelf. I pretty much only use them for mending at this point, but I did make my daughter's Halloween costume last year. I know I will have more time for it once the kids are grown so I am really not that upset about it. Hopefully I will have plenty of grandchildren to sew for someday :)
  14. maxnmaizy

maxnmaizy Seeking Light

I am not sewing either, but have my machine set-up. I volunteered to sew liners in pencil pouches that my dd's class cross stitched and said I would do it over the summer so I will have to fire it up soon!

That x-ray is amazing. Sorry for your experience, but thanks for sharing.
  15. Kris

Kris Amity's Focus Member

I am so excited...our new house that we are building will actually have a space for me!!!!!!!!!! I plan to do a bunch of things!

My girls are really into upcycling other garments so I am sure my space will get lots of use!
  16. Chels~

Chels~ Moment by Moment

Have fun! My dd loves to upcycle as well. I'm hoping to show her how to make simple garments this year.
  17. ChantingMama

ChantingMama The Divine Miss M

Wah. Saw this just as I'm about to pack up my sewing room. :wah: we are moving, sooner rather than later, and I don't know if I will end up with enough space for a dedicated space in the next house. Boo. And I don't know how much space there will be for even storing, so I have to...gasp...PURGE!!! Aaa ahh!!!!
  18. ElDucko

ElDucko Amity's Focus Member

I wish! =( Miss S is still a terrible sleeper and there's the whole one hand issue. Once we get sleep, that will change,I hope. I want to finish this boppy cover, two cousins have wee babies after all.