Anyone else think this forum is getting out of hand?

Discussion in 'Sewing & Craft' started by Redterra, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Redterra

Redterra Just me, doing my best

Not only that, but I got a STRANGE email today from someone I do not know and it seemed to refer back to amity. Something about saw you on that other site, I'm cute and would like to chat. I'm going to send Jo a pm.
  2. mamabear

mamabear ~*~smile~*~

Please do, and thank you. And I agree. I don't want to complain, but I seem to be the only mod who actually deletes spam. I'm getting REALLY tired of it. I came in here and cleaned it out but this particular forum is getting an insane amount of spam and it is really wearing me out. Something must be up. :(
  3. ~Jenn~

~Jenn~ Guest

hmmm, I got a really weird email this morning too. Something about seeing me on another site and I'm really cute, rofl!
  4. Redterra

Redterra Just me, doing my best

EXACTLY Jenn! Somebody out there wants to find a hot sewin' mama!

(Was it from a "Madison?")
  5. choleblack

choleblack Amity's Focus Member

Thats just...weird!

The spam does seem to be hitting here more than other boards. I was wondering if it had anything to do with the low number of posts here, but it doesn't look like the other boards with low posts are getting swamped.

I would really like to re-vamp this place. Get more people posting what they are making. I know others are sewing/knitting/crocheting but no one is sharing their projects :(

Chole
  6. ~Jenn~

~Jenn~ Guest

I just went and looked and it was from a Madison...
  7. Dannielle

Dannielle Princess Nimble-Thimble

I'd help if I could. I'm only authorized to clean up a couple forums. I see it every morning though and it makes me crazy that I can't do anything about it. I don't think many mods have broad powers
  8. brayg

brayg Evil Genius

What is it with sewing and crafting that brings out the weirdos? I've been doing a lot of craft and sewing searches online lately for gift ideas and I've never had so many antivirus popups like I do with those sites (telling me that sites aren't safe, getting rid of my cookies, etc.).
  9. mamabear

mamabear ~*~smile~*~

Ah, wow. I didn't realize that. I think we need more supermods or something. Rebecca was/is one but she isn't here anymore.

And, I didn't mean to criticize anyone. I just get tired of spending as much time as I am deleting spam every single day.
  10. Dannielle

Dannielle Princess Nimble-Thimble

I volunteered more than once but haven't been taken up on it. No criticism perceived :) just letting ya know. I can only do stuff in weight loss and alt learning. I don't have the ability to do anything in any other forum. I have noticed that most of the mods with powers don't frequent amity's anymore.
  11. golden

golden Active Member

If you need another mod in any forum, I'd be happy to help. I'm certainly here all the time :)