Anyone else interested in doing the preschooler bag swap that missed it?

Discussion in 'Alternative Learning' started by mamakven, Jun 30, 2004.

1. joyfuljourneys

joyfuljourneys seeking myself

I think that if we have extras, I would rather have an assortment of the extras instead of my surplus back...:)

Glad you got mine,,I was feeling lame for mailing slow,,I guess it isn't just me!
  2. TeresaLock

TeresaLock Active Member

I also hope that everyone is going to follow through but if not i'd rather have an assortment then the excess of mine back (LOL)
  3. Korwynne

Korwynne Mama of Miracles

my laptop died and ate everything I was working on. :(

I've got to start over:wah:

Good thing is, if I end up being the holdup, I can always post it as I'm doing just a list of stuff/recipes/etc.
  4. ElDucko

ElDucko Amity's Focus Member

I"d rather have a mix of stuff too. I'm recovering from surgery and can only sit up for so long per day and was hoping everyone would have been done long ago :(
  5. xt

xt Active Member

Tracey's and mine are in transit. I sent them Fedex ground last Friday. They should surely arrive by weeks end. :)
  6. Shannon

Shannon Amity's Focus Member

:eek: Mine should be there. I'll call dh at work and get the dc# and send it to you. He mailed it last week when I was out of town. I'm leaving this afternoon to go to a craniosacral class until Sunday evening so I may not have computer access until Monday.
  7. lillaurensmomma

lillaurensmomma Mustang Mama

I'll admit it, I haven't sent mine yet:juggle: Those beads took forever to do! I'll get them out (priority) in the next day or two I promise!

J
  8. TeresaLock

TeresaLock Active Member

Just bumping to see if anyone else responds. I'd like to say something and it's not geared to any one person, but honestly i feel like i have to say it. I know that people have things that come up in life but i'm pretty upset at the response that has been received on this. Our mailing date was july 30th and there are people who still haven't mailed. I spent quite a few hours gluing, cuting, gluing and more cutting. I was recovering from hand surgery but yet i had made the committment to have these in the mail by the 30th. Here we are now when i'm expecting to be hearing any day now that they are being mailed to us but that can't happen until they are all received. I just feel that if you committ to the date you need to make it happen. One or two days late is not that big of a deal but 2 weeks later and possibly people haven't even started, now that bothers me. I just fel the need to say this and i hope that we get some more people that post and let us know where their items are. We've been burned on so many of these type things that i guess it just is bothering me.
  9. Korwynne

I'm sorry you're ticked off. I had PMed and let her know I was running late, and then I had computer issues that ate my stuff. Usually I'm on top of things, but this time I havent been. I'm sorry.

I'd be happy to drop out if you'd prefer.
  10. TeresaLock

TeresaLock Active Member

I'm not specifically blaming you and of course i don't want you to drop out. I'm just aggravated that half the people have sent them in and our deadline was weeks ago. I'm just aggravated that some of them might not come through at all and then everyone that got there stuff in will be missing out.
  11. mamakven

mamakven New Member

a fedex box arrived today!

wahoo!!! cool beans mamas! ok, so we are up to 9 now

here's a c-n-p of the list of what everone was making

1. Mamakven-- pasta match GOT IT hehehe..
    2. Amamasluv-- Seed germination bags
    3. Shannon ON THE WAY
    5. Elducko--cut the line stickers GOT IT
    7. Snugglbond-- number match GOT IT
    8. Korwynne- undecided but for sure participating ON THE WAY
    10. mamaxt-- super cool felt set!!! GOT IT
    12. shelly cute mazes
    13. cnbrad--alphabet dominoes
    14. joyfuljourneys-- GOT IT
    16. snow white-- colors activity GOT IT
    17. TeresaLock--alphabet number wrap GOT IT
    18. Grtlyblesd-- stick puppets GOT IT
    19. Grtlyblesd--special note packs GOT IT
    20. lillaurensmomma- pony beads and straws ON THE WY

OK, so here's where we are at.. i'm going to pm those who's i've not yet recieved and who hasn't posted that they are working on it.. i'll add on each day as packages roll in :)

Shipping will be priority, but i'm not yet sure how much because i don't yet know the weights.
  12. Korwynne

I PMed you.. since I've had the computer problems and had so much going on, I'm going to drop out. I don't feel right getting things when i'm so flipping late.

BUT, I'm working on recompling the info I lost when my laptop keeled over and died.. and I'm going to post it here to hold up my end of the bargain... I'm dropping out of the swap though officially because I can't guarantee when it'll be done and don't want to hold anyone up.

I'm SO sorry. What I'll be posting is recipes (both for edible stuff and for crafty type stuff), crafty ideas and general "what to do" when we're bored" kinda stuff.. I want everyone to be able to get some use out of it, but due to my total flakeout, I don't want/need anything in return.
  13. TeresaLock

TeresaLock Active Member

I hope that you are not dropping out b/c of what i said. If you post the recipes you should still get stuff b/c it's already been sent. There is no reason for you not to get items. I'm sorry if i upset you!
  14. Korwynne

no, it's just one of those... months? I made it through cleaning the downstairs before Lindsey's party, and trying to declutter.. got all this stuff typed up, the laptop died and I lost everything, DH is having an awful time at work and was taking it out on me.. the upstairs is such a horrific mess and I don't even know where to start.. we were having major fights (which we NEVER do) and I honestly wasn't sure if we were going to make it through it or not (thank goodness work has calmed down and he's since appologized).. I didn't get even half of what I need done for this consignment sale I'm dropping stuff off for in an hour.. and Josh is cutting 6 teeth at once, so he's wanting to nurse 24/7 and I'm getting NO sleep these days. I'd sit down and cry, but I don't have the time or energy.

That being said, I didn't want to be the holdup.. and my guilt over not having had the time to redo it all is eating me up. I just can't handle feeling like I'm letting everyone down... and I'm kinda feeling like merely posting stuff rather than having it all bagged up nicely and all that good stuff just isn't really good enough.

I'm just overwhelmed, and I'm not coping with my life terribly well at the moment. Not that it particularly matters - but I didn't want you to feel like you'd run me off.
  15. mamakven

mamakven New Member

Shannon's and Korwynne

Shannon's arrived, and wowza mama! you paid a lot of shipping!

Korwynne,

I'm so sorry you are going through all that. Please know there's no hard feelings on my part at all! its totally not worth daking such a toll on you over! ((((((((((hugs)))))))))))
    rebecca
  16. TeresaLock

TeresaLock Active Member

Again, i'm sorry and i know how it is when all the "junk" is going on as well. I guess i was frustrated b/c it seems there are people not even trying to get their stuff in. You are making the effort and yet your the one i upset :( Again i'm sorry and please don't drop out!!!!
  17. SnowWhite

SnowWhite New Member

Korwynne...

Sorry you're having a tough time...

I'm really looking forward to your list, and I think it will be every bit as useful and nice as a "bagged item." Maybe more so, because it will give us things that fit different moods, ages, etc. I also KNOW that you will be spending as much time and effort on it (especially considering you've had to do it TWICE) as the rest of us.

Since I have no use for a second baggy of the activity I sent, LOL, I vote that you should receive a pkg just like everybody else (sent whenever they all go out regardless of whether you have completed your online list or not). You didn't drop out sight unseen like some people, and you communicated with everybody the whole time.

Show of hands anyone?

Take it easy, Korwynne. Hope this week goes better.
  18. xt

xt Active Member

Re: Korwynne...

I agree. I know we would have no problem printing the list ourselves, and would be grateful for it. And I *want* you to have your bag from me :)
  19. lillaurensmomma

lillaurensmomma Mustang Mama

I agree, I can print it myself (probably better that way....I can keep the soft copy on my computer and then print a hard copy whenever I lose it;)

I think you should get a box too!

j
  20. Shelly

Shelly Active Member

I'm sorry, I have totally flaked. I've committed to too many things lately, and I'm overwhelmed and getting nothing done. I don't want to be the 1 person holding everything up, but I could get the mazes out by Friday if you will still have me. Or if you think it's better, I'll drop too.