Anyone else interested in doing the preschooler bag swap that missed it?

Discussion in 'Alternative Learning' started by mamakven, Jun 30, 2004.

1. duckydolittle

duckydolittle Quack! Quack!

I haven't read all the replies, but I think I'm gonna have to drop out. This sounds pretty cool indeed, but I've got a gazillion things going on, and I don't want to hold anyone up. Sorry.
  2. SnowWhite

SnowWhite New Member

Not sure if this is closed or not??????

If I can join, I'd like to do the "Colors" activity. I'd include b & w photocopies of items we think of corresponding to 8 common colors (red, blue, yellow, green, orange, purple, white, black) then a sheet with filled-in circles of each color, so the child can match the item to the correct color. LMK!
  3. tracey

tracey no worries on my mind

A quick glance A big chance My heart beat like a d
    Lori

Lori,

Sounds great! I was having a hard time finding stickers in the quantity I needed at the prices I needed (I'm doing a number match with index cards 1-10 that have the number on one side and stickers or drawings on the opposite corresponding to the #, plus little pieces with matching drawings or stickers...ie 8 pieces that all have the same image to match with the #8 card). I also was looking for bingo markers or counters (plastic disks)to stick the stickers on & couldn't find any. If we have 17 mamas (no idea the final #) I'll need nearly 1500 of those total, so I'm making my own with posterboard & drawing the images myself. My point (LOL) is that I couldn't find enough tiny stickers that weren't outrageous $$. The book of 1500 at Walmart didn't have enough repetition so that left the sandylion type...very $$.

Good luck :)
  4. ElDucko

ElDucko Amity's Focus Member

Would index cards or construction paper be easier/better for kids to cut??

I have everything else....

jessica
  5. huntersmommy

huntersmommy New Member

Re: Lori

If I can't didn't stickers, I might look for rubber stamps.

As for stickers, I saw a boxedset at sams, if you want I can go back and check them out for you.

Lori
  6. huntersmommy

huntersmommy New Member

How many sets do I need to make?

Also when do we need to have everything mailed?

Thanks,

Lori
  7. Mrsmissy

Mrsmissy *~Ladybug Lover~*

I have to bail out at this time. I was offered another editing job, so that is my priority.

I'm sorry.
  8. mamakven

mamakven New Member

AAK! please excuse my pokiness! i finally pm'd everyone i hadn't heard back from so i should have a number soon... so far there's 19 signed up but we may lose as many as 5 so between 14 and 19

rebecca

PS, thanks to those of you who have posted that you are dropping out! now is a good time to decide that... 2 weeks from now isn't :) LOL

lets extend the send date to July 31, ok with everyone?
    rebecca

PM me for my address when you are ready to send!
  9. emilytoys

emilytoys BOOBIES ARE FOOD

Ugh...

DH'S bar exam is looming and I just can't manage timewise -- gonna have to drop out. SORRY!
  10. tracey

tracey no worries on my mind

A quick glance A big chance My heart beat like a d
    rebecca

this won't affect your total at all, but mamaxt & I are IRL friends & will be shipping our items to you combined, and sending you a combined amount to ship back a double package to us (at one address) so we can save on shipping.

Make sense? LMK if it's not clear :)

Thanks for doing this!;cool:
  11. Shelly

Shelly Active Member

I'll do the one with the medicine cups, pony beads and tweezers if we don't have to ship too soon, I need to order the tweezers, I found them for 13 cents each...

What is the ship-by date?

If I can't get the tweezers in time, I'll do some simple and cute mazes...
  12. mamakven

mamakven New Member

EVERYONE PLEASE LOOK

Hey all! i deleted everyone from the list that i didn't hear from, bringing our number down to 15. If i missed anyone, NOW is the time to tell me! LOL
    rebecca
  13. Korwynne

Korwynne Mama of Miracles

I'm still trying to decide on something cool - but I'm definitely in :)
  14. Shannon

Shannon Amity's Focus Member

I'm still in. I may do an alphabet puzzle with index cards (if no one else is doing that). I'll decide asap what I'm sending, but I am still in. LOL

Thanks!
  15. huntersmommy

huntersmommy New Member

I have to drop out.

My Dr's office called, They have bumping my surgery date up to next friday. I will not have time to complete the cards and recovery time is about 2-4 weeks.

I'm sorry but I have waited a long time for breast reconstruction. I hope you all understand.

Lori
  16. Shelly

Shelly Active Member

Please change my choice to simple and cute mazes for fine motor skills. I don't think I will be able to get the tweezers in time. The mazes will be sort of 3D, with a few small interesting manipulatives to guide through them...
  17. mamakven

mamakven New Member

Ok...

I deleted Lori, and added Shannon back :) number remains at 15!
  18. mamakven

mamakven New Member

That sounds fine too! however, i think you will have enough time, i don't see any problem in waiting an extra little bit for the tweezers.. (where btw??? LOL) up to you :) i'm just hoping for us all to recieve our pkgs for the school year.
  19. Korwynne

Korwynne Mama of Miracles

Okay, I'm still trying to make up my mind officially...

but, here's one thought I had (wanted to see what people thought of it)... I was a preschool teacher for years, and have accumulated a bunch of ideas/etc.

Would anyone be interested in my putting together a bag with notecards in it that would have simple recipes (both for the kids to make and for things like playdoughs, etc) and easy rainy day type ideas for things you most likely have on hand? You know, the "we're bored, what can we do today?" kind of ideas?

Just a thought - and if you hate it, I'll come up with an actual, tangible activity :)
  20. Shelly

Shelly Active Member

Yes! I love it! I frequently find myself at a loss for things to do. I would love to have a bag like that. I have been getting books with ideas out of the library, but I have to take them back too soon...

I probably should clarify, that it's not so much that they wouldn't get here in time if I ordered them today, but I have to wait until I can afford them, and it always seems like other things come up and my "play" money disappears. :rolleyes:

If someone else wants to do it, the cheap tweezers are here