Anyone else in school right now?

Discussion in 'Student Mamas' started by littlelemon, Apr 5, 2017.

1. littlelemon

littlelemon Active Member

Just putting some feelers out there to see who is around and if anyone is currently a student. It would be good to talk about school/home/family balance with some mamas who understand!
  2. superman

superman i know what's happening

I have been in school part-time the past 3 years, studying horticulture and arboriculture. Technically, I've graduated, but I want to keep taking dance classes and online classes (like right now, I am taking Mythology). I also have found I probably won't be able to work in the field I've been studying and want to do something else now, but at least I won't have to go back to school again, since it's something I've done before.

One thing I can say is that I feel like I've set a good example for my daughter as far as being a good student and finishing what you start. She is very self-motivated, but it doesn't hurt to see that you can so this stuff at any stage of life.
    cathleenc likes this.
  3. freedomlover

freedomlover ReaderOfThreads

I am just about to graduate from grad school.
    It has been quite the experience working full time, going to school full time evenings and weekends and being a mom.
    Phew.
    superman likes this.
  4. superman

superman i know what's happening

I admire that so much. I've always been afraid to go to grad school because of the insane workload. Much respect!