Another "it works" from me...

Discussion in 'EFT, Emotional Freedom Technique' started by Carey, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Carey

Carey Active Member

Ok, so I was on the Mercola website and they were talking about diet soda/aspartame and it's evils. Well, I've been addicted to diet soda for along time now. I've cut down, A LOT, but still have been drinking it.

My body doesn't react well to artificial sweeteners, but since I am addicted, I put up with it. I saw a link to turbo tapping for soda addiction.

I had a glass with me when I did it and was getting ready to go to the store for more, as we were out. This was on Mon. or maybe Tuesday. I followed and filled in the blank with MY info, and you know, I haven't had any diet soda since. I did have one regular soda yesterday and one regular soda today because I have been really sick this week....coughing, fever, sore throat, etc. and the carbonation felt good on my throat. One 20 oz. lasted me several hours though. I haven't wanted any, and I haven't craved any. DH sent up a glass two nights ago while I was laying in bed with a fever, and I think a kid drank it (not good, I know) but I didn't even want it. This is HUGE for me. I don't know how long it will last, and I'll continue to tap on it. It's pretty wild!

Carey
  2. Natalia

Natalia New Member

That is incredible. Thanks for sharing.
  3. IndiMom

IndiMom .

This is so awesome.
  4. Linda

Linda Amity's Focus Member

I am really happy for you:)
    That is awesome. So write the date in your calender so you have a record of it! And remember if your craving comes up again, then you can tap on the remaining craving, remaining aspects...

Sometimes there are more layers, sometimes you get them all in one shot!

YAY!
  5. Carey

Carey Active Member

Thanks!!
    I'm pretty certain I'll have to tap some more on it. It is an addiction for me and seriously scared me at times. I drank WAY too much. At one time I could have finished 4 two liters in one day. I didn't do that often, LOL, and I'm not sure why I did when I did. I had decreased it quite a bit already anyway, but was still drinking it regularly.

So, it's been 4 full days, I'm on day 5 I guess.
    I will write it down, thanks for the encouragement :)

I still have a hard time coming up with my own phrases, etc. I'm always afraid I'll do it "wrong". I'm working on letting go of that and just *doing* it. I figure I can't really do it wrong....that is that it would be harmful for me, could I?

Anyway, thanks again. I'll keep reading, and gleaning information.
    Love, Carey
  6. Rhea

Rhea Tickled by the view

That's wonderful! :)

Rhea
  7. Linda

When you are tapping...you DON"T need to use the setup phrases at all. You can just start at the KArate chop and then move through the points.

Your words are what is important. Any of the internal dialogue is what you say out loud.

I was thinking..you might want to do some work on the artificial sweetners...if you want some ideas for that~I am happy to help. Ideas with the sewwtners..are any fear ideas you have about them...A lot of people(not all worry about the sweetners and feel guilt they could not stop taking the in) Remember use what workd for you(if anything) and toss the rest:)
    ~I was poisioning myself
    ~filling my body up with poision..
    ~I can't believe I couldn't quit...even though it was so unhealthy..
    ~I cannot believe how weak I am
    ~ the shame..
    ~anger at the companies that make the sweetners...
    ~any body feelings the soda gave you...(you mentioned that before)

etc. You can journal again on this. tap on it and see what still seems true for you. cross of things as you find they are zero.
    Also...take the ideas that are really STRONG(guilt, shame, poison...taste, feel, time and place)and work through those first. Often this can collapse the smaller stuff.

You can tap on the fact that you are afraid you are going to do it 'wrong' which is so common in the beginning. EFT is a very forgiving process. The most important bit is using your own words.
  8. Carey

Carey Active Member

Thanks, you are SOOO much help :) I appreciate you taking them time to help out!
    Love, Carey
  9. Linda

You are most welcome!