And because some here may feel I have a "holier than thou" attitude...

Discussion in 'Spiritual Discussions' started by mamajandtheboys, Mar 5, 2010.

1. mamajandtheboys

mamajandtheboys Amity's Focus Member

I wanted to share what my 6 year old said. Because you know we are so religious and all.

Me: "Griffin, what is Easter all about?"

Griffin: "Cadbury eggs?"

:rofl: is it wrong that a six yr old knows what a cadbury egg is? :eek:
  2. Sunflower_Momma

Sunflower_Momma "Christian"

:lol:

and, for all my amoral heatheness: when the kids and I aren't rocking out to their VBS CDs, we are watching Veggie Tales. :rofl:
  3. nanci

nanci jelly belly

That is funny!!!:)
  4. heythereheather

heythereheather A reading family

Whereas my kids might come down a little too strongly on the, "Easter isn't about candy or the Easter bunny. The Easter bunny isnt even real!" side. oops.

Thanks for the reminder, though... I need to have the "don't be blabbing at school that the Easter bunny is a sham" talk with my kindergartener.
  5. Robin

Robin Jesus Follower

Yeah well before you have that talk could you send him to my house to talk to my 3 yo who is now convinced that Santa, the Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, Father Tim and Mother Nature are real. Umm, we don't do any of those. Well we kind of do the Tooth Fairy as in the boys come to me and say "I lost a tooth can I have money for it?" :badidea:
  6. heythereheather

Thats how we do the tooth fairy. Except that Anders said he was bored of money, and could he please have a fun little toy instead? LOL!

Christmas the next few years will be tricky. Both my niece (my sister's, who just turned 3, well, my nephew too, but he's 1 week old, so we have a few years!) and my nephew (Carl's brother, he's young still, though, one in April) will be Santa believers. We'll have to work long and hard on my kids not "ruining" it for them.

I do think it's funny that your little one decided, in spite of all family evidence to teh contrary, that they are real. :lol:
  7. Robin

Robin Jesus Follower

Yeah, I am blaming it on The Santa Clause movies with Tim Allen. We watched those this Christmas (one of my fav Christmas movies) and now he is convinced.:badidea:
  8. 3boysnagrl

3boysnagrl Amity's Focus Member

Robin, if it's any consolation - we didn't intend to 'do' Santa. But Austin decided he believed... so we just went with it - without going overboard. Except for that one year we did have Santa write a note saying, "I might not stop at your house if you don't straighten up". But really... Santa was not going anywhere in their minds by then... so I figured I would use it. :lol:

He is now 13 and helps me be Santa. He also is the one jamming out to Christian rock in his room, he's the guitar player for the youth worship band, he is very strong in his faith.

There is hope for him. ;)

just stinking this in here too, for good measure:
    :prayers:
  9. Robin

Robin Jesus Follower

Thanks, it is just so funny none of our boys believe but then this year I guess W is at that age (3yo) where it is so real to him and we spent a lot of time over the holidays watching different movies, well he decided they are all real.

Today he came up to me out of the blue and said Santa brought me presents. I said you got presents from mommy and daddy, Mimi and Papa, and Grammy and PawPaw. He said no they came from Santa and walked away. :lol:
  10. mamajandtheboys

mamajandtheboys Amity's Focus Member

Well, my holy family just gets holier. Tucker came home from a sleepover in which there were ten 8-9 year olds. He announced that he now knows how to play poker, and it's much more fun if you play for money. :eek::badidea:
  11. Tap dancin mama

Tap dancin mama Amity's Focus Member

LOL! My husband, the Childrens Ministry Director, taught my kids how to play Texas Hold 'Um a few weeks ago. They already know how to play poker :whistling:
  12. Robin

Robin Jesus Follower

:rofl:
  13. heythereheather

We're classy in our family. DH plays "high stakes chess" with the boys.
  14. Kerri

Kerri New Member

Yeah, my mormon mother plays Blackjack with my kids. It's a good math game, apparently. ;)
  15. Claire Berry

Claire Berry New Member

My six year old is counting down til he turns ten so he's old enough to play Risk: the game of world domination.:evil:
  16. hana

hana Active Member

:lol: