All it took was a phone call from my dad.

Discussion in 'EFT, Emotional Freedom Technique' started by Linda, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Linda

Linda Amity's Focus Member

You know..here I sit, the headache is about a 4/10. It feels like a migraine is coming on. My dad called 2 days ago to tell me that he and his wife are coming for a visit in November. They came last December, but they are really getting on in years(82 years old) and my Dad said he really does not want to fly international anymore, so I thought it would be the last visit. HA!. Silly me.

His wife is a very mean person. She verbally abused me all my life while my Dad said nothing. Even as an adult I talked to him about it and he made excuses for her and never made time for me alone with him. He always brought her along despite her abusive ways.

So, I have no uncertainty as to why I am getting a headache. That is good, right? Yes, It is really good. I am lucky to get this going and ultimately resolved.

Ick. My body wants me to resolve this, and believe me, on my personal peace procedure I just tiptoed right around it every time I went to pick a new incident.

So, I guess I should thank my Dad, and the universe for providing me this opportunity to resolve this issue.:(

"Even though I don't want to tap on my issues with HER, I deeply and completely accept myself"
    "Even though I don't want to face that my Dad never protected me from her brutality..."
    "Even though I know they were doing the best they could, I am still deeply hurt by both of them and don't want to hurt anymore..."
    "Even though my Dad always picked her over me from the time I was 5 years old..."
    "even though she was nice to my brother and hated me..."
    "Even though I still don't want to tap on these issues..."
    "Even though I am crying...and I still don't want to tap..."
    "even though I never stood up to her as an adult when she has been mean an a complete ass..." I need to protect my children from her...

OK off to tap. Will keep you posted.
    ugh.
    :sob:
  2. Christi

Christi Perpetually NAK'ing

Big huge hugs to you, Mama.
  3. Linda

Thank you..that really meant a lot.

So far...been tapping on a lot of stuff. Really it is about her *and* my Dad, separately. what a mean person she is to me and how he never protected me.
    I tapped on a bunch of different aspects, (and a few incidents)and felt my headache go up and down, get worse, make me want to vomit, then recede...move around my head, then only on one side as I tapped and tapped and tapped....very gently. For a while I was so shaky I thought I would not be able to make dinner. I got a little panicky at that point that I would not be able to make it go away.

IN the end, it was really cool, I tapped on a neck pain I had(related to the HA) that was a 5/0-10. I decided it was a big black mass of obsidian and it represented hate(I assume hate for her and my Dad). I tapped on the hate and the color and the size...and watched the mass shrink down and disappear. Then I had horrible pain on the right side of my face and head/neck that I focused in on ...it was red with a flame in the middle, pulsating and amorphous with fingerlike projections. It represented anger(at them as well)....so I worked on all of that. I only tapped on those two things for a ocuple of minutes and got me HA down to this 1/0-10 scale.

It was up to a 9/0-10 now I have it down to a 1/0-10. YAYAYAYAYAYAY! I know I have more work to do, but I am feeling good and confident that I can tackle this more myself. I was getting scared again that the headache would get unbearable and I would not be able to tap it away.

THis is such a lifelong horrible thing that I was really wary of tackling it. But really, she was so consistently mean, she kind of makes it simpler for me. THere are a few incidents that stand out, but other than that it all blurs together...
  4. Deborah

Deborah New Member

Linda,

You are amazing ... great work and I'm so impressed with your persistence and ability to treat yourself gently.

I know that feeling of migraines and the fear that you will get sicker rather than better ... but you DID it -- you sorted it out!

Thanks for sharing,
    Hugs,
    Deb.
  5. Kbsmama

Kbsmama Active Member

Amazing, Mama! And brave....I'm not totally convinced that I wouldn't have just gone to bed. ;)
  6. Linda

hahaha I've done that, and then been awakened with a blinding headache. I felt lucky it was only a 4 when I started working on it. Better than a 10.

This issue is one that I completely dissociated my emotions on. I could not feel one little bodily sensation on it when I thought about it. Then when I finally started tapping I started crying and as awful as that was, it was good as well.

This is the third migraine I have successfully tapped away...which is so empowering. I did it all by myself. And believe me, when I was shaking and wanting to vomit, I *did* think 'now which practitioner would I call?!' LOL!
    I need to go back and do lots of 'testing' to see where I need to do more work. I kind of dread that, but I certainly know if they come here for a visit, I want to be empowered, I don't want the same old yucky stuff to happen all over again. I am DONE with the yucky stuff.

that is such an awful feeling. Man, it makes it feel so scary, which is something I should tap on *if* it happens again. 'Even though I am scared this headache is going to get worse and not better..."

xoxoxoxo
    ~L
  7. Katie

Katie Amity's Focus Member

I read. I read here a lot. Quite fascinated by the progess and discovery I see happening. You're one of those unique mamas, Linda, that I sort of snoop around on, aspiring to "be more level, like her." :)

Not to add any burden to what you're working on, more of a notation of my admiration for you. :hbeat:

Thanks for continuing to share. I imagine I'll be banging down the door here eventually. But in the mean time, I'll continue to curiously smoosh my nose against the glass.
  8. Linda

Katie, I am glad you said something. You really made my day. Actually more than my day. :hbeat: No burden felt from your words at all. Quite the opposite. I thought I saw an adorable nose smooshed up against the glass:)

I look forward to the day when you are ready to share. Remember we have a private discussion forum for EFT if that helps.
    I just let it all hang out...given I want people to read it and hopefully get something from it. ~lol! THe sharing must be working its magic:)
    xo
    ~L
  9. IndiMom

IndiMom .

Thanks for sharing this.
  10. mamatanya

mamatanya the bead lady

Oh Linda, can we tap on this together? I can't believe how much my stepmonster got to me this last visit! My abduction fantasy popped like a bubble. Oh, I can hardly imagine facing that much bile. You are very very brave. Raspberries to Nono.
  11. Linda

Yes, I'd love to tap on this with you!!!
    I know I have more to do.
    I LOVE how you call her Nono...omg that is so freaking funny. I am going to add that to my tapping routine with her in it, because it brings so much humor to it. I am just giggling here at the computer:)

I love you:)

12. CiaraLinn

CiaraLinn ~Finding my way~

somewhere deep in the heart of a smalltown...
    OT - but Linda - I am like Katie - and I read - a _lot_ and you are such an inspiration. And if at any time you want to take pity on the woman who just can't figure it out.....please do :D

I am a hands on learner - and no matter how much reading I do on Gary and Deborah's sites - I just can't get it - and I WANT to - I have so many things I want to learn to work through - I know that this a way to heal past hurts and get me back to me yk?

Okay I have hijacked AND rambled - :lol: Darn GA hijackers strike again ;)