Aidra, late night stomach aches..etc...update.

Discussion in 'EFT, Emotional Freedom Technique' started by Linda, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Linda

Linda Amity's Focus Member

I wanted to update you all on Aidra and her late night stomach aches:)
    http://www.amitymama.com/vb/eft-mama/362865-need-ideas-pretty-please.html

A week ago I worked with another EFT practitioner on Aidra's stomach aches just for a few minute. She so skillfully asked me...
    "What was going on in Aidra's life in the 6 months before these stomach aches started?"
    I cold not think of a thing..for a few moments..and THEN I remembered she started preschool. So we tapped on starting school and the worst incident when she had separation anxiety when I left her whimpering in the teachers arms. We tapped for ME and then I surrogate tapped for Aidra. I felt a good release both tapping for me and Aidra. More for me, though...*snort*
    So far it has been a week~no stomach aches. And I even gave her lentils the other night and she slept peacefully:)

So, I am only reporting on a week. I 'll let you know if this continues.

My big lesson from all of this, though is the question; What was going on in her life before this started. :smirk:
    ETA Aidra has also resumed sleeping in bed with Leah for the last week, every night.... About the same time stomach aches started, she came back to bed with me and Brent FULL TIME> She had been sleeping with Leah, happily about 75 % of the time before that. She has been trotting off to bed with Leah...and going straight to sleep with her.
    AND she is less picky about food. Eating dinner more often(She was skipping dinner a LOT) and tolerated refried beans last night.

4 week update~still no stomach aches. food palate totally expanded. eating VEGGIEs and variety..asks to try foods, she previously would not go NEAR.(does not like them all, btu she actually asks us when she sees us eating them) eating beans and lentils no issues. YIIIPPPEEE!

As of March 20th she has gained 6 pounds. She weighs 30 pounds..has thick thighs and her upper body is more substantial. I am just floored. And thrilled!
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  2. Natalia

Natalia New Member

Hey, careful with those words. ;pot: Maybe this IS long term. Miracles happen all the time. May this be one of those. :hbeat:
  3. Linda

Oh, I totally agree!!!
    What I meant was: this is not an update that spans a long period of time, it has only been a week. :) So I cannot say FOR SURE without a doubt that the issue is resolved.
    I have felt a big shift in that department though. It is interesting:)
  4. Natalia

Natalia New Member

It certainly sounds like a huge revelation -- the separation anxiety. That has to be enormous in the life of the child. And, like the feeding thread you posted, probably something any child or adult could tap on -- the first day of school.
  5. Deborah

Deborah New Member

Good to hear she's better .... (you too .....) Makes perfect sense in retrospect ...
  6. Rhea

Rhea Tickled by the view

That's great news. :)

Rhea
  7. Linda

thank you..and yes, lol!

I added to the original post.
  8. Linda

bump~4 weeks and still no stomach aches..added legumes back to diet.
    :jump:
  9. Morgansma

Morgansma Active Member

Fabulous news!!:)
  10. Linda

bump with further update
  11. Natalia

Natalia New Member

That is awesome Linda! Glad to hear she is doing so well. What about the chicken pox?
  12. TulaneMama

TulaneMama countdown mode

that is wonderful news! I am still working on "getting it"
  13. Natalia

Natalia New Member

Is this the session that led to the weight gain? Associating it with starting school?

Since Andrew's weigh started dropping after the DTP at 2 mo, that is a long time ago. But I can start tapping there. Probably after Easter though.
  14. mouseymom

mouseymom Hairbow Mama

That is so great! I still need to look into the tapping. I am so confused about it all. But, from what I have read from you all it seems so peaceful and it works.

I sooo need something like this!!!
  15. Linda

Yes, this is DEFINTELY without a doubt what led her to turning the corner and everything in her life started falling into place. Everything~weight, mood, sleep, eating food. there is no question in my mind at all.

HOWEVER, try not to be so linear about your thinking and try to stay out of your head...if your GUT tells you that you think it started with the DPT, then defintely start there(and I would start there). Aidra had weight/emotional issues BEFORE she started going to school. The thing that was NEW were the nightime stomach aches and not sleeping because of them. The rest was long term.

I think Deborah said to you once, that we are energy detectives. Looking for that energy that is stuck. The emotions that you have not moved through..the emotions that are stuck. Emotions need motion..so we do not stay stuck in them.

Remember work on YOUR issues first in regards to the vaccine/guilt/anger/sadness and his not gaining weight~fear that he will not be Ok...helplessness(I'll add my disclaimer, I am just guessing and giving examples of stuff you might feel or think). Any guilt or regret that you had about the vaccination...being a bad uniformed mom. Anger at the Doctor or Pharmaceutical companies~whatever you feel about any of this, clear yourself first, then you can be clear and present to tap for your son. Also I will remind you to give yourself PERMISSION to have your feelings about any issues~so you can unstick them!

(and you know I will work with you on this if you like:))
  16. Natalia

Natalia New Member

Thanks! I have family coming for Easter in a few days. I would love to work on this when you have some time after that.

The friend that I tapped for did a healing/forgiveness thing for me this weekend WRT the vaccinations for both my older children. She does Theta healing. I hope that the forgiveness process has already started.
  17. Linda

that is lovely on the forgiveness stuff. You'll know if it works when you check in and rate how you feel about it! That is what is great...you CAN test it.
  18. Carey

Carey Active Member

How awesome!!!
    Love, Carey