A Room In Heaven

Discussion in 'EFT, Emotional Freedom Technique' started by Linda, May 5, 2009.

1. Linda

Linda Amity's Focus Member

I will preface this as it is a ecumenical parable or even just a metaphor..meaning this is not about your religion or your belief in the afterlife...or spirit. It is a metaphor. For me, I don't believe in Heaven..but this metaphor is incredibly powerful for me. It may speak to you as well.

A Room in Heaven

One day a human went to Heaven in the way that humans do. Upon arrival, the human was greeted by a host of angels and given a tour of all of Heaven's wonders. Over the course of the tour, the human noticed that there was one room the angels quickly glided past each time they approached it.

"What's in that room?" the human asked?

The angels looked at each other as if they've been dreading the question. Finally, one of them stepped forward and said kindly, "We're not allowed to keep you out, but please believe us--you don't want to go in there!"

The human's mind raced at the thought of what might be contained in that room. What could be so horrible if that all the angels of Heaven would want to hide it away? The human knew that one should probably take angels at their word, but found it very hard to resist temptation. "After all," the human thought, "I'm only human."

Slowly walking toward the room, the human was filled with dread and wonder about what horrors might be about to be revealed. But in fact, the room was filled with the most wonderful things imaginable: a beautiful home; nice things; great wisdom; a happy family; loving friends; and riches beyond measure.

Eyes wide; the human turned back to the angels. "But why didn't you want me to come in here? This room is filled with the most amazing things I've ever seen?"

The angels looked back at each other sadly, then back at the human.

"These were all the things you were meant to have while you were on Earth, but you never believed you could have them."
  2. Natalia

Natalia New Member

Great story.

But now I'm curious :innocentangel: what do you think happens after the body dies? You don't have to answer if you don't want to. :)
  3. Linda

Linda Amity's Focus Member

Hmm..I dunno..what I exactly think.:lol: Something along the lines of the body dies and we are still connected to source, maybe with the 100% knowledge that we are. I don't have a sense of individual energetic entities..or a massive entity...I don't know. I am not sure for me it is important to know.

Tag, you're it! What do you believe?
  4. Natalia

Natalia New Member

I believe that there is a Source of Everything. I believe that this Source of All is beyond our understanding in our current state, perhaps best described as the Great Mystery.

I believe in a continuum. I think that most of us will continue a somehow individualized experience/expresion after bodily death, in a different frequency/plane/expression in some sort of energy/spirit body. I believe that experiences/tasks/learning/growth continue indefinately. Exactly how this works probably varies widely since we all have paths/journeys. Though they are probably connected to group paths/goals.

Clear as mud?

I am sure that my view on this will continue to evolve.
  5. Natalia

Natalia New Member

Anybody else want to share?
  6. Percy's Mom

Percy's Mom New Member

after bodily death

I believe that the spirit lives on and that the spirit is consciousness. When the spirit is in the body, physical and psychological wounding can imprint or shape or lower the energy level of the spirit. Connecting with the greater or universal consciousness lifts the spirit. This seems to be done primarily through exertion of the will but not limited to the will.

But after death, I am clueless about what happens to the spirit. I don't know if the spirit can be acted on or changed outside of the body. It is wholly a mystery to me.
  7. tikva18

tikva18 busy building blocks

great parable.