A nice article about clutter.

Discussion in 'EFT, Emotional Freedom Technique' started by Linda, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Linda

Linda Amity's Focus Member

I like the points he makes about clutter in this short article.
    Clearing Clutter

I know from personal experience that after a few of my EFT sessions with myself or another person, I literally stood up after the session and cleaned out closets. And the sessions were NOTHING about clutter or closets~lol! They were about traumatic stuff that happened to me years ago. Somehow clearing the trauma...cleared my brain clutter and them I cleared home clutter.

...I do not have a cluttered home. But I did have some piles(I still have one..in particular...Aidra's clothes:)) and full closets. My closets are clear with ROOM now. And we have gotten rid of so much stuff. Bookshelves have lots of space, closets have lots of space~it's so cool.

Interesting stuff:)
  2. bubbles

bubbles New Member

Hmm.....Definitely sounds like something I need.
  3. 3Gs4Me

3Gs4Me Blessed Beyond Belief!

Wrapped in the Loving Embrace of My Family
    I used to take the opposite approach. I thought if I got rid of stuff, it would take care of past hurts. Funny how our minds work.
  4. gabwife

gabwife New Member

Oohhh! Good one.TY.I'll have to go look into it once again. I wonder just what I'm hanging on to.My home is cluttered and my mind is cluttered.I have a bag of clothes in my car that I just can't seem to drop off at the good will.Guess I need to tap on it.
  5. Percy's Mom

Percy's Mom New Member

Oh my gosh. I feel like this is for me. I went away for 10 days and I was functioning so well. I thought life would change when I got back but no.

Linda you asked some time ago what was going on in my life when the clutter began. Some of it is life long but that was manageable stuff. The overload - unmanagealbe part began after my husband died and the next year when a diversionary aspect of my roofing failed and water began leaking in my basement and caused a horrendous mold problem. So stuff had to be moved out of my house and into containers and the "remediation" process was a disaster that ended up in litigation and one disaster after another, legal, financial emotional - all the while I am raising my son by myself, lost job, no income, no insurance, no help - several attempts to get out of situation failed and on and on and on. Overwhelmed, overwhelmed, overwhelmed. too much - too much to sort through, too much to figure out, too much to clean up - figuratively and literally - no support - no emotional support anywhere!!!!

That's how the clutter began. Some kind of cry for help that will never come. All of it leading to self-recrimination, humiliation on one hand and hope and dreams on another only to swing back to the humiliation and self-recrimination. blah, blah, blah.

Coming up on 8 years on Saturday. Time for change, time for healing this for sure. yada, yada, yada.