6 months doing EFT

Discussion in 'EFT, Emotional Freedom Technique' started by Linda, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Linda

Linda Amity's Focus Member

That is how long I have been doing EFT.

I will try to convey my experience ~ the changes that have gone on.

For the most part, I am much more grounded and centered with my children. When they are crying, throwing a fit or just plain needy and clingy I don't get all bent out of shape. I just rise to the occasion...do what needs to be done and I am calm and centered. I call it 'Zen mama'. My patience level with my kids has grown exponentially. And, it seems, it has a positive effect on them as well. It seems to be a positive feedback loop. This is just from tapping on MY issues. I rarely surrogate tap for them, because well, they don't want to. Dh says I am much less stressed out since EFT. He likes his side benefits!

My 3 yo has these trance like tantrums once a day that used to really FREAK ME OUT. Dh thinks they are normal spells for a 3 yo to have. I am not sure I agree with him..as she has eczema that flares when she cries like this as well. But, I am calmer about the whole thing. I don't need an answer about it RIGHT NOW. I don't think I am ruining her life by not being able to fix it for her. I notice as I have calmed down, her tantrums (for lack of a better word) are less frequent. Additionally while she was freaking out last week, I surrogate tapped for her and for the first time I think it calmed the tantrum down faster. THis had never helped before. Why do I think it helped? Because I believe I am FINALLY actually able to get myself out of the way(as Gary Craig says) and simply tap for her....for her relief of her emotions and the short circuiting in her brain. I was not tapping to 'make it stop' or for any of my own motivations...if that makes sense. I was tapping for her relief NOT MINE. I believe I was not able to do this before until I cleared a bunch of my issues. This is such a HUGE lesson. Tapping for our children is such a challenge. It is like trying to be their therapist, yk? It is MUCH easier to surrogate tap for non family memebrs...:) lol! You don't get in the way. But as I said before as you clear your issues you can get out of the way more.

I am also feeling less torn about life in general. I feel much more integration when I make decisions or am presented with 'stuff'. For example dh is making noises about moving back to the States. It does not freak me out even though I love it here in NZ and I do not want to live in ABQ. I realize now I can be happy no matter where I live and I have a tool to deal with the stuff as it comes up. What a BLESSING~having a tool to deal with Life's curve balls.

Now, on the clearing my issues. Do I KNOW what my core issues were that helped me feel this much better? NO! I emphasize this. I have no idea. I tapped on stuff as it came up...old and new.

Do I have more work to do? YOU BET. I am chipping away at my personal peace procedure little by little. I love crossing things off my list. Am I balanced Zen mommy all the time? nope. But I sure like myself a LOT more these days. Me behaviour and energy is just much more positive.

I also want to add..I find it so powerful to tap with someone else in person. I love it. I love tapping on the other person for them so they can just talk and not have to do the mechanics of the whole thing. I also like the healing touch and nurturing aspects of it. Not all practitioners do this. And of course, the other person has to give permission to be touched.

Also, I think it is worthwhile to find a practitioner to work with once in a while to help get you centered when you are feeling lost. Each therapist has their own style and background...and the co~creative factor cannot be ignored. That said...I have done some of my most powerful work myself. But that work on a couple of occasions came out of a talk with my teacher.

Be persistent. If anything just tap 20minutes a day. It is just like exercise. If you keep at it you will see/feel results.

I hope this is helpful.

*~*~*~*~*Love and Blessings*~*~*~*~*
  2. Morgansma

Morgansma Active Member

That is great news Linda! I am so glad it is working well for you and your family. :)
  3. Deborah

Deborah New Member

Irina,
    Do you know by phone is also very good? In fact, I sometimes get better results via phone than in person. Maybe you and Linda can do a phone session via skykpe?
    Hugs,
    Deb.
  4. Deborah

Deborah New Member

Great ...
  5. Natalia

Natalia New Member

Congratulations Linda! From you posts, I thought you had been doing EFT much longer. Thank you for being such an inspiration.
  6. Linda

Linda Amity's Focus Member

Awww...you are welcome. You all inspire me as well.

I am GUNG HO!
    I took Levels 1-3 from an EFT MASTER:) and I am motivated to, as my teacher says, 'Rewrite my childhhood, my life':)

I love emotional freedom. My goodness..do I love it.

I have not had a migraine since July 14th. I was getting them every 2 weeks for 6 months before that. I know EFT cleared them out. I also know if I get another one I have a tool to deal with it. I love feeling empowered.

Yes, I am a born again! Watch out, I might start knocking on doors...(j/k)LOL!